Chapter 99

Y/N pov

When we all made it back to the hotel, Freya went with her mum and Daniel as I went to the room I booked with Jarnie on my tail. Before I could shut the door she walked in and sat on the bed.

"So are we going to finish our conversation from earlier?" She asked me sternly.

"I am fine Mama J. Just a little bit tired." I told her as I sat dowin on the chair in the room.

"Come on Y/N. Talk to me." She told me softly. "Have you been seeing your therapist while we have been away?"

"I haven't got the time to between work and picking up Freya from school." I told her as I stared at my lap.

"David is always there to help you with Freya if you need a break." She told me softly.

"I know. It's just it's hard to ask you know." I told her quietly. "It's just I haven't been sleeping properly lately and Freya is the only one who keeps me grounded right now."

"So you're having nightmares again." She stated as I just nodded. "Have you told Lizzie?" I just shook my head no. "You need to talk to her. She is your wife."

"I know, I just don't want her to worry you know. She has done so well with her career and I want her to focus on that and not worry about my damaged ass." I told her which she just glared at me.

"You do know that whether you tell her or not, she will always worry about you. That's just who she is." She told me as I just nodded knowing well and true that that is what Lizzie is like. "Well I am going to spend some time with my grandbabies so you can spend some time with your wife." She spoke as she kissed my head before heading out of the room with Freya's bag in her hand.

Lizzie's pov

I was laying down with Freya and Daniel cuddled up to me on my bed when my mum walked in. She came over and sat beside Freya before she looked at me.

"Go and spend some time with your husband alone. I will have the kids for tonight." She told me sternly.

"Are you sure?" I asked her as she gave me some clothes before practically shoving me out of my room. "There's plenty of milk in the fridge for Daniel when he needs it. If you need more just call me." I told her before she gave me the room key and shut the door in my face. "Ok then." I muttered before walking to the room that Y/N had booked. When I had let myself inside I couldn't help but smile as he lay there on his back. I frowned when I closed the door and he flinched.

"Hey my love." He spoke softly like he didn't flinch at the small sound

"What's going on with you and don't say nothing." I told him sternly as I sat beside him on the bed.

"Just trouble sleeping that's all." He shrugged as he got up and got a bottle of water each.

"Are you having nightmares again?" I asked him. I watched how he just drank his water and avoided my gaze.

"So how has been with the book?" He asked me changing the subject.

"Oh it has been great. Working alongside Robbie is great." I started before I shook my head. "No no no. Don't be changing the subject. Just answer my question Y/N."

"Yes I am having nightmares again Elizabeth. I am so sorry that I didn't tell you about them. I'm sorry that I didn't want you to worry about me." He told me as he ran his hand through his hair which has started to grow out along with his beard.

"How are you supposed to be able to look after Freya while I am gone if you aren't 100%." I asked him with frustration in my voice. I watch as he went through every emotion before he looked hurt more than anything.

"That is low Elizabeth. Very low." He spoke as he took a deep breath. "I will always put 200% of myself into looking after our children. They are my everything along with you. I would die to make sure that the three of you are safe." He spoke as he stepped towards me.

"I didn't mean it like that." I whispered as he shook his head.

"Yes you did. You still think of me as that broken man who came home from his last tour. Well guess what? What I went through doesn't go away over night. See that kids face still haunts me knowing that I couldn't save him. I was supposed to look out for him. It should have been me that didn't make it home but guess what I did come home. I came home to you." He spoke with tears in his eyes as he walked out of the door. I tried to catch up to him but he was gone before I could reach the elevator.

"Fuck!" I shouted in frustration before running to get my jacket to look for him. I tried calling his phone but it kept going to voicemail. Well I would ignore me as well after what I said to him. As I was walking through Central Park I spotted him sat on a bench. I approached him slowly before clearing my throat. He looked up at me briefly before looking at his feet again.

"I'm so sorry for what I said baby. I was out of line." I told him as we both sat in the rain. "I just worry so much about you. You are the most important person in my life. You gave me Freya and Daniel and above all of that you made me extremely happy from the moment we started going out together."

"I'm sorry for the way I reacted." He said as he finally looked at me.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked him as I held his hand in mine.

"You were so happy with your book and I am extremely proud of you. I didn't want you to worry knowing how you overthink and will convince yourself to just pack up and cancel your book tour." He told me softly

"You are more important to me than any project of mine." I whispered to him as I rested my forehead against his.

"But you have millions of fans who deserve to see your greatness and your talent. You deserve to help all of those kids with this book. This is huge for both you and Robbie and you have both worked hard with it." He told me as he looked in my eyes. "I love you too much to dull your shine. You deserve to shine like the brightest star in the night sky."

"I love you so much." I told him before kissing him softly. "Let's get back in that warm bed because I have missed being in my husbands arms so much." I told him as I stood up and held out my hand for him to take which he did as we both walked hand in hand to the hotel.

AN

A nice little angsty chapter guys.