Chapter 26

Lizzie pov

It's been almost 3 months since Y/N was deployed. We've facetimed and he's wrote me letters which I've kept safe in a little box by my bed. He's coming home this week but he hasn't told me when exactly so I'm kind of nervous. He hasn't facetimed yet and he's 10mins late. I go down to the kitchen to get myself a snack and drink when my door opens to reveal Scarlett making her way over to me with a big smile on her face.

"Hey Lizzie, why do you look down?" She asked as she pulled me into a hug.

"He hasn't facetimed today and I'm worried. He always facetimes everyday." I told her with a pout on my face.

"It's OK hun. Why don't you go get ready and we'll have a girls night out. Brie and Tessa are already at the bar waiting." She asked me with a smile. Which I  had decided to go and have some fun while I had nothing better to do than mope around. I had decided on a white button up and light grey jeans with black heels. As soon as I made my way downstairs I saw Scarlett whispering on the phone and quickly hang up as soon as she heard me.

"Is everything OK?" I asked her with a furrowed brow.

"Yeah everything is fine. Just Rose playing up for Colin" she said with a smirk which I didn't believe her but I just shrugged it off.

"So should we get going" I asked her as I got my purse with my phone and keys.

"Yeah come on the cars outside" she said as she lead me outside. I just shrugged and followed her after I locked up. I didn't want to go out tonight but I needed to get my mind off of Y/N.

As soon as we made our way into the club we spotted Brie and tessa dancing on the dance floor. They greeted us both with hugs as soon as they saw us. Scarlett went to get us both a drink as I started to dance with Tessa and Brie, just letting all of my worries go and hanging out with great friends.

Y/N pov

We had just landed at the base. I felt bad because I didn't facetime Lizzie yet but she doesn't think I'm coming home today so I decided to get Scarletts help with surprising her. She had sent Colin to come and pick me up after he dropped her off at Lizzies and were going to meet them. I've got to make a stop off home to get showered and changed first so that's where we are headed now. As soon as we walk through my door I can smell Lizzie's perfume very strongly and I know she's spent alot of time her. It feels good to be home. I've only got a few stitches to worry about as I shower as there was a bit of action while we were out there. But thankfully there was no major injuries to anyone in the unit. As soon as I'm showered I pick a blue shirt and black jeans with my blue sneakers.

"You ready to go and surprise your girl" he asked me with a smile as we walked to his car.

"Yes I am. I've missed her so much." I told him as we started our journey there.

"Dont worry Scarlett will make sure she's still practically sober for when you get there." He assured me as I want this surprise to be special. I just nodded in thanks as I was just as nervous as the first few dates we had. I hadn't seen her in months and I dont know if anythings changed. Before I knew it we had pulled up to a stop at a parking lot near the bar.

We both made our way into the club looking through all of the bodies until we found our girls. We soon found Lizzie and Scar sitting at the bar so we both made our way over to them both. I made sure I wasn't in Lizzie's line of sight and stood at the bar next to her and asked her " Hey can I get a pretty girl a drink?"

Lizzie's pov

As I was sat at the bar with Scar, we were waiting on the bartender so we can order our drinks Colin came up to her with a smile and gave her a kiss on the cheek. I smiled sadly at there interaction and looked for the bartender again as Scar just smirked at me. As I gave her a 'what' look some guy came up next to us and I didn't bother looking in his direction.

"Hey can I get a pretty girl a drink?" He asked as he leant near my ear as it was loud.

"No thank you, I have a boyfriend." I told him without even looking at him.

"Well I have a girlfriend too" he said with a smirk in his voice.

"Well how nice of you to hit on someone else while she's not here." I told him in an angry tone as I turned around to face him with an annoyed look on my face. As soon as I saw him I was shocked, I didn't move or speak I just stood there thinking this can't be real. He's here, he came home to me. I had tears brimming at my eyes.

"Surprise baby" he said with a shy smile breaking me out of my trance. I soon enough pulled him in by his neck and gave him a hungry yet passionate kiss. As soon as we pulled apart he pulled me into his chest. I'm finally in the arms of my person after 3 hard months of separation. We finally made it.

"You came home to me" I said as I let a few tears of joy fall from my eyes.

"I told you I would love" he said as I looked up at him. I was still in shock but I was happy. I turned around to Scarlett and Colin to see them both with big smiles on their faces

"You knew he was coming home today?" I said as with a bright smile as I looked between them both.

"Y/N wanted to surprise you so he got my number off Chris and we planned it all together. It was hard not to tell you but it was worth it seeing your smile." She said as I pulled her into a tight hug. Soon enough Brie and Tessa joined us at the bar and they both bombarded Y/N with hugs which just made us all laugh.

"It's so good to have you back. Someone hasn't been her happy self for months" Brie said as she put her arm on his shoulder as we were all waiting for our drinks.

As were drinking and laughing, Scar was telling Y/N about Rose and her antics while he was away. I just watched the goofy grin on his face. I was just lost staring at him until Brie and Tessa dragged both me and Scar away to the dance floor leaving the boys at the bar. I was happy enough to let loose now and just dance the night away until we had to put Brie and Tessa in the back of Scars car while Y/N and I waited for our uber. As soon as we were in the car I cuddled up to his side before telling the driver to go to his apartment.