Chapter 41

Y/N pov

Well today is thanksgiving. Lizzie was in the kitchen basting the turkey and preparing the vegetables while I was just doing as I'm told and staying out of her way. She can be really bossy when it comes to cooking. So I was sat having a go on my xbox before her family turn up. Just as I'm finishing up a game she walks in the loving room.

"Baby, we need more wine and beer for today. Would you be able to go to the store?" She asked me with a smile.

"Of course love. I'll be back soon." I said as I gave her a kiss before grabbing my wallet and heading out of the door.

After I had pulled up to the grocery store, I was walking around looking for the specific wine that Lizzie loves. As I was making my way over to the cashier I saw a familiar face. I thought that I had to be hallucinating because I haven't seen her in 3 years. I tried to quickly move towards the cashier but I was suddenly stopped.

"Y/N?" She asked as she looked me up and down like a piece of meat.

"Yeah, what do you need?" I said coldly wanting to leave already.

"I thought it was you. Its so good to see you" she said as she rested her hand on my arm.

"Well I'm busy and I've got to go" I said as I shook her hand off me.

"Oh come on. Let's go and have a catch up like old times sake." She said with a flirty smile.

"No, I'm already late" I said as I tried to walk past her.

"Oh come on, it's not like you have have a girlfriend to get home to." She said with a smirk.

"Yes I do, and I have to go home to her, so good bye" I said trying to keep calm.

"Yeah she'll probably just leave you like I did when she realises that your nothing" she said as she stepped closer to me.

"No that's the thing Samantha, you didn't leave me, you cheated on me with what was his name. Oh yeah that's right Tony." I said as I balled my fists up tight.

"Well he was way better than you anyways." She huffed out.

Before I could respond I heard another familiar voice behind me and I couldn't be anymore grateful.

"Hey Y/N, are you OK?" Scar asked as she walked up beside me.

"Yeah she was just leaving" I said as I just glared at Sam which she just scoffed and walked off.

"Ok well who was that?" Scar asked as she crossed her arms over her chest

"That was my ex. She just wouldn't leave me alone." I said as I leant on the cart.

"Wow, she's a bitch" she said making us both laugh.

"Well I'm gonna go and pay for these and go home to Lizzie before her family come over." I said as I gave Scar a quick hug.

"Ok, well hope you guys have a good one" she said as I waved.

The journey back home was quick. When I pulled up in the driveway I had spotted her parents car saying that her family is here already. When I walked in I was greeted by everyone which I had said hey back before making my way into the kitchen with the drinks. As I was putting them away in the fridge I didn't hear Lizzie follow me.

"Hey baby, are you OK?" She asked as she wraps her arms around my neck.

"Yeah I'm good" I said as I gave a sweet kiss.

"Tell me whats wrong. You know I can tell when you're lying right?" She said as she pulled away.

"I'll tell you later, I don't want to ruin the day with your family" I said as I grabbed a beer.

"Ok Y/N. Well I'll be in the living room." She said as she walked out. I know I'm in trouble now. But I just dont want to ruin today for her. I followed her into the living room listening to them all talking about past holidays they had spent as a family. I stayed stood up by the door just watching them being a happy family, something that I never really got to have with mine.

"So Y/N what about you? Any fun holiday stories for us?" MK asked me with a smile. I was trying to think of one before the army but I kept coming up blank. I guess the first family I really had that didn't see me as an inconvenience was my unit.

"Well there was this one, while we were all in our bunks we were bunked with a really heavy sleeper. Even the loudest noise wouldn't wake him up. So we decided that I would be funny to wet cotton balls and make a santa beard on his face. It stayed on him till he woke up the next morning. Me and Dek hadn't ran so fast from anything before seeing his angry face. He still gets called santa now by everyone." I told them with a smile with the memory. They all just laughed.

"What about with your family?" Ashley asked which made me stiffen up.

"That was with my family, they were my family until I met Lizzie" I said with a soft smile seeing a smile on Lizzie's face. "Well does anyone need a drink while I go and check on the food?" I asked them with a smile. Once they had all told me what they wanted I made my way back into the kitchen.

Lizzie's pov

I saw his expression change when Ashley asked that question but I was happy that he managed to stay calm. The twins just looked at me with a questioning look.

"What do you two want to ask?" I asked them both as I turned to face them.

"Well, how come he doesn't really talk about his family?" Ashley asked as she shuffled in her seat.

"It's just that we want to make sure that he is good enough for you Liz" MK said making me sigh.

"He doesn't talk to them and I'm not saying why because it's not my place to tell." I told them both with a glare hoping that they will drop it. We spent the rest of the afternoon before dinner was ready just laughing and talking about anything and everything enjoying the company. After food Y/N went back into the kitchen to clean while I sat in the living room with my family before they left to go home. So I was left now with finding out what is wrong with Y/N. I walked back into the kitchen to him.

"So are you going to tell me what was up with you before?" I asked him as I leant on the counter.

"Oh yeah." He said as he looked at me.
"Well I bumped into someone at the store that brought back a whole lot of bad memories back."

I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him to calm him down.

"Who did you see?" I asked as I looked into his eyes.

"My ex" he said as he looked away from me.

"Samantha?" I asked already knowing the answer but just wanting him to confirm it which he just nodded. "What happened? Did she say anything?"

"She said alot of things, she started flirting with me like she did nothing wrong. And then when I mentioned I had a girlfriend she said that you would end up leaving me when you realise that I'm nothing." He said as he stepped back from me. "And then Scarlett showed up asking who she was because she was so close to me."

"I would never leave you, and you are not nothing. You are my everything Y/N. I want a future with you. When I picture my life in 10 years I see you by my side watching as our kids are running around the yard. You playing catch with them and helping them with their homework. And most of all raising them to be the best versions of themselves. Because all of the shit life has thrown at you, you still came out the other end stronger than anyone I know." I told him as I cupped his cheeks as a single tear fell down his cheek.

"I want all of that with you." He whispered softly making me smile. "I love you so much."

"I love you more" I said as I kissed him gently. "How about we go and watch some TV and cuddle?" I asked him as he nodded and took my hand in his as we walked over to the sofa. He lay down first as I lay on top of him with my head on his chest. I listened as his breathing evened out and he fell asleep. I hated that someone had made him feel like he is unworthy of love. He deserves everything good in life and I will spend everyday for the rest of my life making sure he knows he is worthy of love.