Chapter 29

Lizzie's pov

It's been a week since Y/N came home, and with him saying that he's not bothered about the impact of my world on his has definitely made me fall for him even more. I was just sitting at home tending to my garden while he was out with his buddies from his unit having a drink. He doesn't have to leave now for another 6 months which I'm happy to get that time with him. We've got his brothers Graduation tomorrow so he's been staying at mine while his parents are in town. He has spoke to his brother more than he was before he left which I'm happy with. Its just that lately he has been abit closed off with his emotions and I'm not entirely sure why. I know it must have something to do with his parents being here. He still hasn't told me what happened exactly but I don't want to push him. He will talk to me when he is ready.

I looked at the time and saw that it was getting near dinner time. So I decided to get the ingredients to make a lasagna. As I was putting it in the oven, he walked through the front door. I watched as he made his way over to me with a smile on his face.

"How's my favourite girl?" He said as he gave me a kiss on the cheek making me smile.

"I'm fine baby. I've just put the lasagna in the oven, if you would like to go and shower before it's ready." I told him as I wrapped my hands around his neck.

"Only if you join me?" He said as he pressed a gentle kiss to my lips.

"Ok baby but we're keeping it PG" I told him with a smile.

He then picked me up and threw me over his shoulder making me squeal. He started to run to the bathroom making me laugh. The shower was nice a calm, we shared a few kisses as we washed each other. Just enjoying being together and nothing sexual. By the time we both had finished the lasagne was ready. As I was plating it up, he set the table for us both. We both sat and ate in a comfortable silence.

"Wow love, that was amazing" he told me as he sat back in his chair.

"Thank you baby" I said as I started to blush. We both made our way into the living room and cuddled up on the sofa. We were sat in silence as we were watching some random show on the TV.

"Are you excited for tomorrow baby" I asked him as I looked up at him.

"Yeah... I'm proud of Jamie for doing so well." He said with a small smile. I knew that something else was on his mind.

"What's up baby?" I asked him as I sat up more.

"It's nothing love." He said as he fiddled with his fingers. I just looked at him in disbelief.

"Is it about your parents?" I asked him as I watched him tense up at the mention of them.

"Do you want a glass of wine?" He asked me as he got up and started towards the kitchen. I just got up and followed him.

"Baby, I just need you to talk to me please." I pleaded with him as I watched him pour out a glass of wine for me.

"It's nothing OK, can we just drop it. You wouldn't want to hear it" he told me as he reached in the fridge for a bottle of beer.

"Baby, I would always be here to listen to you. Whatever you tell me will stay between us. I just need you to trust me" I told him as I cupped his cheeks with my hands to get him to look at me.

"I do trust you. Its just I don't want you to look at me differently" he said as he rested his forehead on mine.

"I will never look at you differently. You are one of the strongest people I know. You make me proud to call you mine everyday." I told him before pressing a kiss to his lips.

"I'll talk to you about it but in my own time ok love. Its just not a nice thing to talk about." He told me as we pulled away.

"Ok baby. Whenever your ready I'll listen." I told him with a gentle smile as I grabbed my wine and lead him over to the sofa where we spent the rest of our night watching TV and cuddling until we both went to sleep.