Chapter 53

Y/N pov

It's been a week since I've been home, everyone's been visiting me all week. Lizzie hasn't left my side. Today I was getting discharged. I was still upset that I hadn't heard a peep off Jamie. Not even a simple text. I was soon broken out of my thoughts when Lizzie came back in the room with a wheelchair smiling brightly at me.

"You ready to get out of here baby?" She asked softly as she pushed the wheelchair as close to the bed as possible

"Definitely, I can't wait to get our of here." I told her with a smirk. She helped me get in the chair which wasn't too hard since I had lost a lot of weight since being MIA. As soon as I was situated in the passenger seat of the car I zoned out.

Flashback

We were driving through the desert doing our patrol until the Humvy infront of us git hit by an RPG. We couldn't react quick enough on the breaks and went straight into the back of the wreckage. Once we had managed to get out of the vehicle, we were getting fired at. I had got hit in the shoulder which kept me down. I looked around and saw most of my unit either dead or severely injured. I felt useless and unable to help with the amount of pain in my body. I watched as every soldier slowly went down before the shooting stopped. It wasn't long until the survivors were getting dragged and thrown into a rusty van.

"Hey baby, are you okay?" Lizzie asked me concerned.

"Uhm yeah I'm fine." I said quietly knowing that there isn't any point in trying to convince either of us.

"Well I'll always be here if ever you need to talk okay." She said as she took my hand in hers.

"Thank you love." I said with a small smile. "I am so lucky to have you by my side." I told her as I raised her hand to press a gentle kiss to her knuckles which she smiled brightly before starting our journey home. I didn't really pay much attention to the journey home, it went by in a blur. Before I knew it Lizzie was already getting out of the car. She had gotten the wheelchair out of the trunk and opened and helped me in it. We managed to get inside the living room before everyone jumped out and shouted 'Welcome home'. I soon started to have a panic attack at the sudden shouting not expecting it, bringing me back to when I was captured.

Flashback

I jumped awake from loud banging and shouting outside of my cell before they came in. I was I a small cell with the remaining soldiers from my unit. There was even a 20 year old which broke my heart thinking he's got his whole life ahead of him. It wasn't until a couple of guys came in and tried to take him.

"No!!!" I shouted trying to get up but I was in pain. One of the guards stopped what they were about to do and stalked towards me.

"What, do you want it instead?" He said in his accent while he towered over me.

"He's just a kid." I said sternly.

"That will make it more fun." He said with an evil smirk.

"No!!! Take me." I said as I tried to stand up they came up to me and dragged me out of the cell as I watched the rest of my units faces drop. They all had fear in their eyes knowing what will happen to all of us.

"Baby, are you OK?" Lizzie asked as she brought me back to reality. I just looked around and saw no one else in the room.

"Yeah uhm I'm OK." I said with a small smile.

"Are you sure? That's twice in the space of two hours you've zoned out." She said with nothing but concern on her face.

"How long did I zone out for?" I asked as I shifted uncomfortably.

"About 20 minutes. I told everyone to go outside into the yard until you were ok." She said softly.

"I'm sorry." I told her with tears in my eyes.

"It's OK baby, you went through a lot while you where away. Do you think we should talk to a psychologist to get you some help?" She asked not removing her hands from my face. I just nodded before I broke down in front of her. She hugged me until I had calmed down. It felt weird crying in front of her and actually getting comfort.

"I'm sorry." I said once I had calmed down.

"You have nothing to apologise for baby. Everyone cries sometimes, it's called being human." She said as she wiped my cheeks.

"I do, I shouldn't breakdown in front of you. You must've went through over the past couple of months." I told her as I looked in her eyes.

"Yes I did. I cried almost everytime I was alone because I missed you so much. You are everything to me. You are my home." She said with a gentle smile. "But it's OK for you to breakdown, the pain I felt while you were gone can't measure up to what you went through. And I am going to be here with you everystep of the way. I want you to get better so we can start the rest of our life together because you are my future."

"Oh god, you're getting better than me at the soppy speeches." I told her with a chuckle which she smiled widely.

"Well I've read all of your letters over and over again so I'm sorry for getting soppy on you." She said before she leaned in for a gentle passionate kiss.

"I love you so much." I told her when I rested my forehead on hers.

"I love you more." She said softly. "Well let's get you outside, everyone has missed you."

Once she wheeled me outside everyone greeted me, I couldn't help the huge smile on my face because of everyone that came. I was overwhelmed with my emotions. Everyone started to laugh and share stories of what happened while I was gone. I couldn't believe that Lily my god daughter had already started walking. She's growing up too fast and it really makes me want to start a family with lizzie. But I want to marry her first and do it right. We spent the rest of the night laughing and joking until everyone started to go home. I was happy to be home. Once I had managed to make it up the stairs I had climbed into bed. Lizzie joined me not long after.

"Thank you for everything love." I said with a soft smile as I stared into her soft green eyes.

"You don't need to thank me baby. I'd do anything for you." She said as she gave me a soft kiss. "But I can't wait till you're all healed so we can have some more fun." She whispered in my ear making me chuckle.

"You are a horn dog." I told her with a smirk.

"Well what do you expect. Its been months since we've had sex. I have needs." She said with a grin before cuddling into me carefully.

"Goodnight love." I said as I pressed a soft kiss to her head.

"Goodnight baby." She said through a yawn making me wonder when was the last time she had a proper night's sleep. It didn't take long for her to fall asleep, I don't know how long I laid there for before I finally started to feel tired.