Chapter 56

Y/N pov

It's been a few weeks since I've been home. I'm mostly healed now which is great. I don't really need anyone to stay with me while Lizzie finishes with her reshoots.

"Hey baby, I'm heading off now ok." She said softly as she walked to me and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Ok love. Be careful ok. I love you." I told her as she pressed her lips to mine in a passionate kiss.

"I'll see you tonight. I love you too baby. Don't forget your appointment today." She shouted as she walked towards the front door.

"I won't." I shouted back to her. I started on cleaning the kitchen. I just started by doing the breakfast dishes and it somehow turned into doing the whole kitchen and rewashing everything. After I had finished with the living room I looked at the time and saw that it was time for me to leave. I decided to walk there because I'm still unsure of driving at the moment with zoning out. As soon as I got called in I sat down as I tried to avoid the doctors eyes.

"So Y/N, how are you feeling?" They asked me softly.

"I'm OK, I guess." I said with a shrug.

"What do you mean by that?" They asked me to elaborate.

"Well, I'm still zoning out and getting some flashbacks." I said as I picked up the fidget toy up off the table.

"Well how often are these episode" they said as they shuffled in there seat

"I uh I don't really know. They used to happen more than once a day but now it's like every few days." I told them as I finally looked up at them.

"Have you spoken much to your fiancé about it?" They asked making me smile that they think that we're engaged. We'll hopefully soon.

"Uhm no I haven't told her. I'm scared." I told them as I looked down at my hands.

"Why is that?" They asked as they started writing again.

"Well, I'm scared that she would leave me when she realises just how broken I am and how much of a failure and a coward I am." I said as I wiped a tear that slipped away.

"Well you're not those things. You're suffering from survivors guilt." They said as I huffed out.

"Really I never thought of that." I said harshly.

"And now your feeling hostile. I think maybe if you open up to your fiancé you might see some progress in your self." They said as I stood up to leave. I walked out and started my journey home. When I had realised I had been walking long than anticipated I found myself walking by the beach. So I decided to sit down and just watch the waves.

Lizzie's pov

After I had made my way home I walked through the front door to the house looking cleaner than before I left it if that's possible.

"Y/N?!" I shouted as I took my shoes off.

"Y/N!" I shouted again as I searched the house only to find it empty. To say I was worried is an understatement. I picked up my phone and tried to ring him. It just kept ringing out then to answer machine.

"Fuck." I said as I picked up my bag and put my shoes back on and got back in my car. I quickly rang Scar to see if her and Colin had seen him.

Scar: Hey liz

Me:have you seen Y/N?

Scar: no why? Is he OK?

Me: I don't know, I got home from work and the house is empty and I don't know where he is

Scar: well does he have somewhere he likes to go when he needs to clear his mind.

Me: thats it, thank you Scar you're the best

Scar: I know I am. Also let me know if you find him safe.

Me: I will thank you Scar.

I hung up and turned around and started towards the beach. As soon as I pulled up I ran frantically looking for him. Not caring about anyone looking at me. I ran for what felt like forever when I had saw him sat on the sand watching the waves.

"Hey baby." I said softly to not startle him. He looked at me like he was broken.

"Hey." He said with his voice hoarse. I sat down beside him and rested my hand on his knee which he held in his.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him softly.

"I just needed to clear my head." He said quietly.

"What's on your mind?" I said softly trying to get him to open up to me.

"I uh its, I don't think you'd want to know what happened while I was gone." He said with a broken voice.

"Hey baby, I'm here to listen ok and I'm not going to run away. I'm here with you until forever ends." I told him with a soft smile.

"Until forever ends." He repeated with a small smile. He then started to explain to me what had happened to him while he was MIA. About the kid who he watched get killed in front of him. All of the torture he went through. I couldn't stop the tears that started to come from my eyes as he was telling me everything. "The morning before we got rescued, I was in that room again, hoping that this will be the last time and maybe I would finally be free from the constant torture then they took all of us outside and lined us up on our knees, hands tied and started to shoot one by one. I wanted it to all end in that moment. I just wanted to close my eyes and just let go of this life. I tried to think of our memories together while I was there. They kept me going for a while until I just couldn't fight anymore. I don't want to fight anymore." He said as he broke down in tears, I quickly pulled him into my chest as he clutched to the fabric like his life depended on it. "Please don't make me fight anymore."

My heart broke at how broken he was and there wasn't much I could do for him. I don't know how long we sat there until he finally calmed down.

"Hey, listen to me." I told him as he looked in my eyes. "You're not going through something like that again. As for how you're feeling now, don't ever keep it to yourself because I am here to share the load. I will be here to help you in your darkest moments because I love you more than anything. You mean everything to me and I dont ever want to lose you."

"I'm sorry." He said quietly.

"Hey don't be sorry. You're allowed to feel the way you do. But when you do feel like this, I want you to be able to talk to me okay." I said as I wiped his tears away while he gave me a soft smile with a small nod. "Well come on, let's go home." I said as I stood up and held my hand out for him to take which he did. I turned around started walking towards the car when I felt him turn me around. My body collided with his as he kept us both up. I looked in his eyes as my hands rested on his chest. He then smashed his lips to mine in a sweet passionate kiss.

"I love you Elizabeth Olsen." He said as he looked in my eyes with a wide smile.

"I love you too Y/N Y/L/N." I said as I pulled him back in by his neck. I was happy to finally see my Y/N starting to get back to being his old goofy self who I missed. I know it will take time for him to fully recover but I will be patient with him and be there for him every step of the way.