Chapter 9

Y/N pov

I woke up to the smell of food being made. As I sat up slowly I looked over to see that Lizzie was comfortably moving around my kitchen like it was her own. So I stood up from the sofa and stretched before making my way over to the kitchen to see what she was cooking. It mustn't have been much as I still need to get groceries which I really hate doing.

"Hey how did you sleep?" I asked as I snaked my hands around her waist and rested my chin on her shoulder.

"Hi, I slept well thank you." She said with a giggle.

"thats good. So what you making?"  I asked as I pressed a kiss to her neck.

"just making some bacon and eggs. You don't really have much to work with" she said with a giggle as she flipped the bacon in the pan.

"Yeah I usually only tend to go and get what I need really, I hate shopping" I said with a sheepish smile.

"really? How can you hate shopping." She asked as she started to plate up breakfast

"It's just all the people packed together in one place and it's just easier just getting what I need really" I said as I moved to get 2 cups for some coffee for us both.

"Wow you're really strange" she said as she smiled at me.

"I like to think I'm more authentic than strange" I said as I playfully rolled my eyes at her.

"that's a good one, I might have to steal it" she said as she playfully nudged my side.

"Wow I didn't know I had a thief in my home" I said with a smirk which just made her laugh.

"very funny. Now come on let's eat" she said as we both made our way over to the table.

We both sat and ate in a comfortable silence. It felt right like nothing else really mattered right just enjoying each others company. When we both had finished our breakfast I took both of our dishes over to sink to wash them. As I went over to where Lizzie  was stood looking at some of the other photos.

"I've really had a great time last night and this morning." She said as she looked up at me.

"I'm glad I really hope we can do it again if you'd like" I said nervously as I rubbed the back of my neck.

"I would like that" she said as she turned back to look at the pictures.

I stood there taking in her side profile,  how she just got lost in looking at the photo of me and Jamie at his high school graduation. As much as I didn't talk to my parents I made sure to be there at for him.

"thats one of my favorites of the 2 of us" I told as she picked up my brothers Graduation picture.

"I can tell, you've got that proud big brother look on your face" she said with a gentle smile.

"thats because I am proud of him. It was a bit awkward that day because my parents were there aswell but that's a conversation gor another time" I said as I started to go towards my bedroom to get some clothes and go for a shower. I just stood there under the warm water just letting it ease the tension. I don't really like talking about my parents too much not even with Jamie. After I finish in the shower, I walk out of the bathroom to find Lizzie sat on the sofa.

"Hey, if you want to use the shower you can use whatever and just help yourself to whatever clothes you find in the closet." I told her with a smile.

"thank you. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable before talking about you're parents." She said as she made her way over to me and wrap her arms around my neck.