Chapter 51

Lizzie's pov

We all just sat there and watched as my was ringing. It was the same number from weeks ago. I was in shock just staring at it until Colin was the one to pick it up. I heard as he started to talk on the phone before handing it over to me which I took with a shaky hand.

Me: hello

Corporal Jackson: hi Ms olsen

Me: yes

Corporal Jackson: I'm just calling to let you know that we have found his unit. They are all injured but they are safe. I will let you know when they have arrived safely back at the base.

Me: thank you so much. How badly injured is he?

Corporal Jackson: I can't say that ma'am. When he's returned to the base, the head medic will let you know.

Me: thank you again

After I had hung up I couldn't help the happy tears that fell down my face. Both scar and Colin looked at me concerned.

"He's coming home." I whispered with a smile. They both just stood up and wrapped me in a hug. I was happy to finally have some good news. The love of my life is coming home to me like he promised.

"I told you he would come home." Scar said as she tightened her hold on me. We all went to bed that night happy to have some good news. I woke up earlier than usual actually happy for a change. I made waffles for the three of us while I had some music playing softly in the background. I thought i might as well go to work today since we can't really keep holding off filming. As soon as I set the table I heard two sets of footsteps coming towards the kitchen.

"Good morning you two." I said with a smile which they  returned.

"Good morning." Colin said as he took a seat and started to dig in

"How are you feeling this morning?" Scar asked before she sat down next to Colin

"I feel great. I'm really great." I said with a smile which she returned just as wide. I know that when he gets back he's going to have a long road to recovery but I will be there with him every step of the way. I just couldn't wait to have him in my arms again. The morning flew by pretty quickly so I was sat in my trailer with scarlett and Aubrey having lunch.

"So has there been anything else yet?" Scar asked as she took a sip of her drink.

"No nothing else yet. They said they would let me know when they're stateside." I said with a small smile knowing it hopefully won't be long. Just before we had got called to set my phone started to ring. I wasted no time in answering it.

Me: hello

Corporal Jackson: hello Ms olsen

Me: yeah?

Corporal Jackson: I calling to inform you that staff sergeant Y/N is currently in the infirmary at the base if you would like to come and see him

Me: yes thank you I'll be there soon.

I quickly hung up and got my things together while both scar and Aubrey looked at me confused.

"He's home. Im going to see him." I said as I made my way to the door as fast as I could.

"Wait what?" They both said with huge smiles on their faces while I just smiled widely at them unable to contain my happiness.

"Well I'll go and let them know that your going." Aubrey said as she stood up to give me a hug before leaving while Scar just looked shocked.

"Do you want me to come with you?" She asked softly.

"No I'll be fine. I'll let you guys no more when I get there." I said as we both walked towards our cars. Once I got in my car I wasted no time in starting the engine and racing to the base. It was about an hour away anyways but I was just happy to finally have some good news. The drive went by quite quickly. Once I had parked I wasted no time in getting out of the car and heading towards the infirmary. I just couldn't wait to see. When I had gotten to the desk there was an officer sat typing.