Chapter 19

Y/N pov

It has been a few days since the party and Lizzie has been busy with work. I was happy that I had met Lizzie's friends. They were so welcoming and great. I had really got on with Chris E and Tom Holland. We were organising going out for drinks when they were finished with work tonight. It felt great to be friends with other people that didn't share the same career as me. Don't get me wrong, all the guys in my unit are like my brothers and we all have each others backs but we share the same stories and experience because we've been together for so long. We have all been told that we're getting a new soldier in our unit since Dek is retiring and he is going to be with us on our next deployment. So we were meeting up at the base with our CO to meet the new guy.

After I had arrived at the base, we were lead into a briefing room so we could introduce ourselves to him and get to know him a bit. As soon as our CO came into the room, we all fell silent.

"you all know why I have requested you all to be here. Since Lt Dek Richards has retired we have to fill his spot in the unit. So please go easy on him, so please introduce yourselves to Private Steven Jameson." Our CO said as he introduced the newbie.

"Hi I'm Private Jameson, its an honour to work alongside you guys." Steven said with a shy smile on his face.

"I'm Staff Sergeant Y/N Y/L/N. Welcome to the team. You seem young, how old are you?" I asked him as I shook his hand

"I'm 21 sir." He told me as he stood up straight.

"ok kid don't be afraid to get to know everyone here. We are all brothers here and we have each others backs." I told him with a reassuring smile.

"yes sir" he replied with a small smile.

We spent the rest of the afternoon getting to know Steven and making him feel welcome in the unit. After all we only have a month until deployment, and we've made a plan leading up to deployment for everyone to spend a bit of time with him with training to make sure that he knows how we all work as a unit. As soon as I had made it back home it was 4.30pm. I decided to do myself a quick sandwich while I waited to go out and meet up with the guys. As I was sat eating my phone started to buzz, when I saw who was calling me I let out a sigh and answered it.

Y/N: what do you want

Jamie: I was just phoning to see how it's going

Y/N: it's going great, how is it back home?

Jamie: It's great. It feels good to be back here. Mum wants to talk to you

Y/N: no, I don't want to talk to her.

Jamie: don't worry dad's at work so it's just me and mum here. And she's been asking to talk to you since I got here.

Before.i could answer he had already put my mum in the phone.

Y/N: I said no. Just leave it be

Mum: Hi Y/N. I miss you

Y/N: Yeah you're only saying that because dad's not there.

Mum: no I'm not, I really do miss you. I want to see you.

Y/N: well good luck, because I am not going back there. Not going anywhere near him

Mum: well how about I come down to see you. I could get some time off work next month and fly out to spend some time with both my boys.

Y/N: I'm not here next month.

Mum: stop making excuses. I'm coming end of.

Y/N: Wow, you really know me so well. And I'm not making excuses, I'm being deployed in four weeks in case you having forgotten what I do for a living.

Mum: I'm sorry, I....

Y/N: no, you know what  just leave it. I'll make it easy for you. I'll act like you don't exist and you go back to acting like I don't exist.

After I had said that I quickly hung up the phone. Honestly at the moment I have never really hated Jamie as much as I do now. I know he never saw the side of then that I did but he knows that our relationship is hard. So I decided to get my jacket and walk to the bar that I was meeting the guys at and just try to clear my head. As soon as I reached the bar I went straight up and ordered a beer and just sat there quietly just in my own thoughts. Before I knew it I was 5 beers in before Chris E and Tom joined me.

"Hey Y/N sorry we were running abit late on set." He said with a smile.

"Hey guys, it's fine don't worry about it. " I told them with a smile as I waved the bartender over.

"how was your day man?" Tom asked as I order our drinks.

"it was okay. We've got a new guy in the unit so I was at the base for the most of today." I told them as I paid for the first round.

"Thats cool. So how's it gonna work with you and Lizzie while your away?" Chris asked as he took a sip of his beer.

"well I would be able to facetime and phone her whenever I can. It may be hard with the time difference but it will hopefully go quick and I'll be home." I told them with a smile

"well why don't you sometimes surprise her on set since you're not exactly working at the moment." Tom suggested which put a smirk on my face.

"yeah that's a good idea. She would love that and you'll be able to see what she really does for a living." Chris said which I nodded whilst I was thinking about it.

"I might just do that. You guys are working tomorrow aren't you?" I asked them both as I looked between them

"yeah we are. If you want to do it tomorrow I'll let you know when it's near lunch and get you into her trailer without her knowing." Chris said as we were putting a plan together.

"Yeah. That will work. And since she's coming with me on Satutday to a christening she can always stay over at mine." I pointed out as I took another sip.

"so it's settled. But she drives to work and I dont think she'll want to leave her car on set." Tom pointed out which made each of us frown in thought.

"I'll pick her up tomorrow morning for work. And I'll wait outside of set to meet Y/N so he knows where to go and sign a none disclosure form." Chris told me which i just nodded

"Yeah, we will do that. I just want to spend as much time with her before I go. I know the week before deployment I'm back at the base training with the unit before we head out." I told them with a sad smile on my face.

"thats great. I'll text her now and let her know that I'll pick her up in the morning." Chris said as pulled out his phone.

"won't she find it weird all of a sudden, you've never given her a ride." Tom pointed out which made each of us hum in thought.

"Yeah, ask Scarlett, she's picked her up before now and she'll come up with some excuse." I told him knowing that was the best option we have.

"yeah she will love being in on a scam." Chris said which made each of us burst out in laughter.

We spent the rest of the night figuring out the plan to surprise Lizzie tomorrow and laughing and drinking before the 3 of us called it a night and went our seperate ways. As soon as I got home I couldn't help but smile at the fact that Lizzie's friends were helping me out with surprising her. I soon fell into a slumber with a smile on my face thinking about her and how much she makes me happy.