Chapter 97

Time skip

Y/N pov

Well that finally happened. I had graduated and got my teaching degree after working so fucking hard. Freya is now four and Lizzie has looked even more beautiful by the day. I was meeting one of my college friends today for a coffee and a catch up since it has been a while. She has just recently broken up with her partner.

"Hey Shan." I greeted her as she pulled me in for a hug.

"Y/N, it is so good to see you." She spoke as we both sat down. Out of all of our course we were the two that were the same age range. As you know, it's never too late to get your degree. "How are Lizzie and Freya?" She asked me making me smile thinking about my wife and daughter.

"They are both amazing. Lizzie has started a new project with a friend of hers and Freya she is well she is a little troublemaker." I spoke proudly of my wife and daughter. As we were talking about everything, I hadn't noticed that we had eyes on us. So yiu can imagine what happened when I got home.

"Hey my love." I greeted Lizzie as I went to give her a kiss.

"Don't you dare." She seethed at me. I had no idea where this anger came from. I wracked my brain for anything that could've pissed her off. "Who is this woman Y/N? Is she your bit on the side." She growled at me as she slammed her phone into my chest.  When I looked at the screen I saw a picture of Shan and I at the cafe earlier with the headline.

Is Y/N tired of being Elizabeth Olsen's husband? What will this mean for our favourite couple?

"That is completely out of proportion sweetheart." I told her as I placed her phone down on the counter.

"Don't Y/N. Just stop lying to me." She shouted at me angrily.

"I am not lying Elizabeth. Shan is my friend I told you I was meeting up with for a catch up. She is nothing but a friend." I tried to tell her but she just wouldn't listen.

"TELL ME THE TRUTH." She shouted at me with tears in her eyes as I took a deep breath to keep my cool.

"She is just a friend Lizzie. I don't need anyone else in my life that way. Not when I have the one woman who makes me whole. The one woman who made me fight to come home to you all those years ago. The one woman who loves me for who I am and not out of pity of me being so damaged." I told her with hurt in her eyes.

"So you're not?" She asked shakily.

"No I would never ever cheat on you. Not when I have the most amazing woman by my side. I meant every single word of my vows when we got married and I never ever want to ever be divorced from you because that would kill me." I told her barely above a whisper. "Besides she is gay and just went through a break up." I told her hoping that would ease her mind which did because she hugged me as she cried out her apologies through her sobs. I just held her and reassured her. "I love you more than life itself Lizzie." I whispered as I kissed her head.

Lizzie's pov

I felt bad for accusing him of cheating but when I saw the article something just snapped inside me. All rational thoughts I had were gone and I was an emotional wreck. He sat me down on the sofa before he went to make me a cup of tea while I waited for Robbie to come around to talk about our new book. Y/N and I met Robbie when we were out with Scar and Colin and we just hit it off with him. He seems like a really nice person to be friends with and he was also up for the idea of writing a children's book to help them with anxiety. So we have been having meetings all over the place with the publisher and illustrator.

I was soon broken out of my thoughts when I heard laughing coming from the front door and watched as Robbie followed Y/N in.

"Hey Liz." Robbie greeted me with a smile.

"Hey Robbie." I smiled back at him. "How have you been?" I asked him

"I've been great. I saw the articles by the way." He said nervously as Y/N walked back in and handed him a beer.

"It was all just a big misunderstanding. You know the paps trying to make everything blow up out of proportion." I told him as Y/N passed me a wine.

"So who was the woman?" He asked Y/N with a smirk.

"My gay friend who needed a friend to talk to." Y/N smirked at me making me roll my eyes.

"That is truly something. Did she chew your ear off?" He asked Y/N with a chuckle.

"Oh yeah she did. Full on shouted in my face. I could've sworn she would have slapped me." Y/N spoke as they both burst into laughter.

"Yeah yeah. Laugh it up now. We have some work to do." I told them both sternly. "And you baby, have lessons to plan." I pointed my finger at Y/N who just chuckled before leaving to go to the office to do his work. As we were going over the time lines of the release dates in all countries and tours I could tell that Robbie wanted to speak up. "What's up Robbie?" I asked him as I tilted my head.

"You do know that he would never do anything to hurt you right." He told me softly.

"I know. I just don't know why I blew it out of proportion. I saw the articles then him coming home just set something off in me." I said as I looked at him.

"Are you sure that there isn't something going on with you to make you react like that?" He asked me.

"Who are you. My doctor." I asked him with a chuckle making him laugh.

"No. It's just that you are always so level headed and for one article you just completely blew up." He told me.

"I thought he was cheating on me." I told him.

"You know yourself that he isn't that type of guy. He loves you with everything he is. I can see it in the way he looks at you. You are his whole life." He told me.

"Please tell me you aren't quoting a song to me now." I teased him.

"No I'm not. I'm telling you this because it is the same way I used to look at my ex." He spoke sadly.

"What happened?" I asked him.

"She cheated on me. I had planned out my entire future with her and she just threw it away like it was nothing." He spoke as he looked away. "But I know he won't do that."

"Thank you." I whispered as I hugged him.

"It's ok Liz. I just don't want you to throw what you have away on something that wasn't even there." He told me. We both decided to get back to work so we had our timelines and schedules mapped out before my mum brought Freya home.