Chapter 16

Y/N pov

I woke up today with a huge smile on my face, I genuinely haven't felt this happy in a very long time, and all I can say is that being with Lizzie makes me very happy. I never really thought about but it was different being with her. I started to realise that I was starting to really fall in live with her. I was extremely nervous about the  party on Saturday, especially meeting all of her friends. I wasn't going to see lizzie until later on tonight after she finishes work so I decided to go and visit Dek, and spend some time with the lil munchkin. As soon as I pulled up, I made my way to the door, but before I had knocked it had swung open only to reveal Jamie walking out. God this couldn't get any more awkward.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" I say with a curious look in my face

"nothing, I just wanted to talk to someone but your never around so." He said in a snarky tone making me scoff.

"Hey you know you can talk to me no matter what. You'll always be my brother." I tell him trying to calm the situation between us both.

"no its fine, I'm just gonna go and head out, I've still got to pack and go home." He said as he brushed past me out of the door.

"ok, so I'll see you when you get back." I say still trying to understand the situation we've both found ourselves in.

"sure" he said without looking back and just walking away. As Jamie walked off, I just stood there completely lost on what to do or say next. I took a moment before walking to Deks place. I soon found him in the kitchen.

"Hey, what was Jamie doing here" I asked him as u leant on the counter top.

"Oh its nothing really" he told me obviously hiding something.

"It didn't seem like nothing." I say with furrowed brows.

"hes just pissed off with you, something to do with you not listening to him when he's trying to gewmt you to talk to your mum" he said as he turned to face me.

"Oh god, not this again. He just doesn't get it, he's never saw the side of mum and dad that I did. He was always their baby." I told him as I ran my hands through my hair in frustration.

"well maybe that's just it. He doesn't know how they treated you the way they did, but you should at least explain it to him. He was still a kid when you left." He told me as he went to get 2 beers out of his fridge and handing me one.

"I know, but this would change his whole thoughts on who they are and I dont want that for him." I told him before taking a sip of my beer.

"well if you keep pushing it down, your going to end up losing him for good" he told me with a serious look.

"you don't think I know that!! He was the one thing that kept me living in that house and not wanting to run away. I stayed because I thought that if I had left him, dad would turn his anger on him." I said with a slightly raised voice as I started to pace in the kitchen.

"well he didn't though did he?" He said calmly while trying to calm the situation we were in.

"no, that was when I realised I was the mistake that they didn't want. And I don't want to talk about this anymore." I tell him as I take a deep breath to try and calm myself

"ok that's fine. How was your date with Lizzie the other night?" He asked with a small smile. After having that uncomfortable conversation with him, I noticed he quickly changed around to Lizzie. Just the mention of her name put a smile on my face and put my mind at ease.

"it was amazing. She's teaching me how to cook." I said as I stopped pacing and turned to look at him.

"Wow I bet she's struggling with that since you always tend to get distracted unless it's to do with work" he said with a laugh as he took a sip of his beer.