Chapter 24

Y/Ns pov

I woke up this morning with the sun shining through the curtains. I looked down to see Lizzie still asleep with her hair spread out on my chest. I moved her hair out of her face and tucked it behind her ear. I was just lying there memorising her beauty, the way her skin shined in the morning sun. I just can't believe it's my last day with her for 3 months. These last couple of months had just gone by quick and I was really going to miss her. I watched as she slowly started to stir awake.

"good morning love" I said as I watched her open her eyes.

"morning baby" she said in her raspy morning voice. As she spoke she moved herself impossibly closer to me. But I really needed to get up.

"you're gonna have to let me go sometime love" I told her with a chuckle which she just shook her head no.

"Come on love, I really need to use the bathroom" I tell her as I really do need it.

"uh fine" she scoffed as she dramatically moved off me and sat up against the headboard with her arms crossed.

I laughed at her childish antics of not wanting to let me go. After I had finished up in the bathroom, I went back towards the bedroom to start packing for tomorrow so I could spend the rest of the day with Lizzie. I wasn't sure what she has planned for today. As I was packing I turned around to look at Lizzie who had a sad look on her face. I wanted to stay with her so bad but I also have a job to do. After I had finished packing I walked over to her side and knelt down in front of her and rested my hands on her knees.

"you ok love?" I asked her softly.

"I'm just really gonna miss you. I'm just not ready to let you go but it's your job and you love it" she said as she wiped away a stray tear.

"I will call whenever I get chance to and we will work out a routine with it. We will make this work I promise." I tell her as I looked in her eyes.

"ok baby. Well go and get ready we have a busy day ahead of us." She told me which I complied.

I shuffled my way towards the bathroom to grab a shower and get dressed for today. After I was ready I brought my bag and set it by the front door. I made my way into the kitchen and made some coffee. As I was stood sipping my coffee I saw Lizzie walk out of the bedroom in my black button down shirt with her light blue jeans. I couldn't get over how good she looked in my clothes she even had her own little bag.

"what are we doing today?" I asked her with a gentle smile.

"first we are going for some breakfast and then we are going to my place for the rest of the day." She said as she gave me a soft kiss.

"ok I'm ready when you are." I told her as she grabbed my free hand and pulled me to the door. We both made our way out of my apartment to my car. The drive was quiet, I could tell she was thinking but I didn't want to push her. We pulled up and got out of the car and walked into the restaurant. We sat in the far corner away from the door and ordered our food. I noticed that lizzie still had a sad look on her face.

"Hey love, are you OK" I asked her as I reached my hand over the table to hold hers.

"yes I'm fine baby. Just a bit sad and anxious that's all" she said as she looked up at me with a sad smile.

"you can talk to me you know?" I told her giving her hand a soft squeeze.

"what if something happens to you while you're gone" she said as she looked away from me.

"well you would be the first to know baby." I told her as I leant back in my chair.

"thank you. But I'm just really gonna miss you." She said with a sad smile.