Chapter 46

Lizzie's pov

Tonight was the night of RDJs new years party and in two days Y/N will be deployed. I honestly don't know how to feel about it all. Even though he is retiring after two tours, I'm still extremely nervous about him going. I'm just watching so TV while he is out on a run. He's been running everyday and going to the gym as often as he can, well be assed going to make sure that he is ready to go. Just as I was slowly about to doze off I wasn't abruptly shaken by the front door opening to see a sweaty Y/N making his way over to the kitchen for a drink of water.

"Hey baby, how was your run?" I asked him with a soft smile as I made my way over to him.

"It was great, you know you should come for a run with me sometime." He said with a smirk.

"Oh I don't think so, I don't like running." I told him as I stepped closer to him as he kept his eyes on mine.

"Oh is that right." He said as he took a big swig of his water keeping eye contact. Honestly just watching him being confident was amazing. I just stared at him with my bottom lip between my teeth.

"Mm, yeah that's right." I said as I walked closer to him. I reached my hand around him slowly. I watched as he squirmed, starting to get nervous. I love the effect I have on him even though we've been together for 10 months. I slowly grazed his side as I pushed him aside going into the fridge.

"You should go and shower while I do us both some lunch and then we can relax until we have to get ready to go." I said with a smirk knowing that I flustered him.

"Uhm yeah, I'm gonna go and do shower. I'm gonna shower." He said as he practically ran towards the bathroom making me laugh. I love it when I get him like that, I'm gonna miss this so much.

After we had spent the day cuddling and watching TV, it was time for us both to get ready. Well I had already picked out our clothes for tonight for us both to match. I love that it doesn't bother him to match clothes with me. We had ordered an uber to take us to RDJs since he wanted to have a good night before he has to go in 3 days. Yeah I'm counting the down the days. He's going to be away for 181 days.

We both made our way up the drive to knock on the door. We could already hear the music playing and people laughing and talking without being inside the house. As soon as we knocked we were greeted by RDJ and his wife.

"Hello my children, it's so good to see you." He said as he pulled us both in for a hug.

"Hi, well come on in and ignore him." His wife said with a soft smile while Robert just pouted making us all laugh. We followed them both in to see everyone was already here, we both immediately spotted Scar and colin and made our way over to them.

"Hey lovebirds." Scar said as she gave us both a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey guys, it's good to see you again." Colin said as he pulled me in for a hug and shook Y/Ns hand. "We should do something before you leave, you know ditch the women." Colin told him earning glares off both Scar and I.

"Yeah we should, well I've only got 3 days left so why don't we go for dinner, the four of us." He said with a smile as he put his arm around my waist.

"I thought we could have some bro time, you know women free." Colin said with a pout making us all laugh.

"Well as much as I would like that, I want to spend as much time with lizzie over these 3 days." He said with a soft smile making me smile widely as Scar just looked at us both with a smirk. "Would you like a drink love?" He asked me as he turned his full attention to me.

"Yes please baby, can I get a red wine." I asked him which he just nodded and made his way through to the bar Robert had set up.

"Yes Colin I would like a drink to, now run along after your boyfriend." Scar said making me laugh especially with colins expression before he walked away.

"Oh my god, he's got a guy crush." I said with a laugh.

"Oh he definitely has. He doesn't stop talking about him." Scar said with a smile.

"Well he needs to back off, he's mine." I told her with a smile.

"So you guys are really doing well aren't you?" She asked me with a soft smile.

"Yeah were doing amazing actually. I know it's going to be hard with him gone but hes only doing 2 more tours and then he's retiring." I told her with a huge smile remembering our conversation from the other day.

"That's great, he's done it for over a decade. I'm really happy for you both you know." She said with a soft smile as we both spotted Colin and Y/N making their way over to us both with our drinks.

"Thank you baby." I said as he handed me my drink with a kiss on the cheek.

"Anything for you my love." He said as I gave him a gentle kiss.

"And why can't you be like that. All I get is a drink shoved in my hand." We heard Scar say to Colin making us both laugh at the two of them.

"Well I can try my love." We heard Colin reply clearly taking the piss.

"Ok then, before this ends in a divorce should we go and find the others?" I asked as both Scar and colins heads shot in my direction.

"Yeah I think we should. Hopefully Y/N here can teach all of the men how to be gentlemen and not boys." Scar said making me laugh while Y/N blushed.

We both followed her over into the garden we're everyone was sat. We were instantly greeted by everyone and Y/N was dragged away by the guys to go and play a game of basket ball while the rest of us watched. Watching him he was surprisingly really good, I'd never really seen him play any sport before. But he looked hot playing.

"Hey Lizzie, can you not eye rape your boyfriend." Scar said with a smirk making everyone laugh whilst I blushed hard.

"Well can you blame. He looks hot when he's playing." I said with a smirk.

"Well she is right there. If lizzie didn't have I sure as hell would jump him." Brie said making everyone laugh whilst I sent her a playful glare.

"I think Colin would aswell with his little guy crush." Scar said making everyone laugh. We spent most of the night talking and laughing until it got near midnight and Y/N walked over to us.

"Hey love." He said as he sat next to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek.
"Do you need another drink?"

"Yes please baby." I said as he took my glass from me while all the girls just watched us smiles on there faces. "What?" I asked them all with a confused look.

"He's just such a gentleman and he's so good to you." Brie said with a soft smile.

"He makes me happy." I stated with a smile on my face just thinking about him. He came back with a drink for us both and sat back down next to me as he put his arm around my shoulder.

"Hey Y/N if things don't work out between you guys, I'll give you my number and maybe we could get together." Brie said with a smirk

"I think we're going to be just fine. I don't see myself with anyone else other than Lizzie. She's all I need." He said which got aws from the rest of the girls and a pout from Brie making everyone laugh.

"And you're all I need baby." I told him as I gave him a gentle kiss. As the time went on the music changed to a slow song. I watched as Y/N put his drink down on the table and took mine off me.

"May I have this dance my love?" He asked with his hand held out.

"Yes you may." I told him as I put my hand in his and he lead me out onto the grass.

He wrapped his arms around my waist while mine hung around his shoulders. We swayed from side to side to the rhythm of the song. We didn't realise all of the eyes on us whilst we were dancing. He spun me around making me giggle when my back ended up flush against his front and then spun me again so I was facing him. I couldn't help the huge smile on my face as we were dancing. It honestly felt like time had stopped and it was just us. We were soon broke out of our little bubble when we heard everyone starting to count down. As soon as the fireworks went off I pulled him in for a passionate kiss. Pouring every emotion I felt into it. I knew that this year is going to be as great as the last since he came into my life. One thing I definitely know for sure is that he is my forever.