Chapter 35

Y/N pov

The time is coming, I'm not looking forward to it. I'm just waiting on Lizzie to finish getting ready and Jamie to turn up. I'm currently pacing the the living room while anxiously waiting. The possibility of losing Jamie forever is too much to bare. He's my only real family I've got left. I was so lost in my own head that I hadn't realised that Lizzie made her way over and stood in front of me making me flinch when she rested her hands on my shoulders.

"Are you OK baby?" She asked me with a look of concern.

"I uh yes.. maybe I don't know" I said as I ran my hands through my hair.

"It will be ok" she reassured me with a soft smile which I returned. We were both broken out of our bubble by a knock in the door. I made my way over to open it.

"Hey bro, it's good to see you" I said as I pulled him in for a hug. I stepped aside to let him in the apartment.

"Hey its good to see you guys again." He said as he gave Lizzie a short hug. They both made their way into the living room while I got the drinks ready. When I joined I handed Lizzie her wine while Jamie and myself had a beer.

"So Y/N tells me that you're going back to Chicago" she asked Jamie trying to start the conversations.

"Yeah, I've got some interviews lined up for when I'm back home. I've missed it to be honest." He answered her with a smile. "So how's work going for you both?"

"Well I'm currently on a little break at the moment. We've got the premiere in a couple of weeks which is very exciting." She answered with a smile.

"That's amazing. I can't wait to watch it. All your movies are great" he said  with a smile.

"I'm going to check on dinner" I said as I stood up.

"Do you need any help baby?" Lizzie asked with a smile.

"No its fine love, you guys catch up for a bit" I told her before I left to plate up the food and set the table for the 3 of us. As soon as I had put the food on the table I had went and told them that it's ready. The 3 of us ate in silence before Jamie spoke up.

"You know dad is really sorry about the other week." He said with a small smile.

"Yeah he's sorry to you, he's never been sorry for me." I scoffed at him as I put my cutlery down.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked me with furrowed brows.

"He may have been a good father to you but he was never one to me" I said as I stood up from the table.

"How was he not a good father to you?" He asked as he mirrored my actions. I looked over at Lizzie who looked shocked by this whole incident which I mouthed I'm sorry.

"Well you remember all of those times you would go and get ice cream with mum because dad wanted to apparently have a chat. He beat me because I struggled in school. He only saw me as a failure and it wasn't my fault. I could barely read let alone write. I really tried my hardest but it wasn't good enough for him." I told him as I ran my hands down my face.

"You're lying, he wouldn't do that." He said in disbelief.

"He did. That's why I stayed at pops most of my time living with them. Mum wouldn't even help me. He put me in hospital a few times." I said in a soft tone.

"No you fell down the stairs. Dad told us" he said quietly.

"Well I'm telling you the truth Jamie, I wouldn't lie about this." I said as Iet a tear escape my eye. He just kept shaking his head at me as he grabbed his stuff to leave.

"Where are you going?" I asked him softly.

"I'm going home. I'm not staying here while you bad mouth dad. He's done nothing but good for all of us as a family and you were just too ungrateful." He said through gritted teeth. I literally felt like my heart had been ripped out through my chest as I watched him slam the door.

Lizzie made her way over to me and wrapped her arms around which just made me crumble.

"It's OK baby, I'm here. Just let it out." She said softly as she ran her hands up and down my back.

Lizzies pov

I have never felt so awkward in my entire life. Sitting through the two of them arguing and then seeing how it broke Y/N that his own brother didn't believe him. It broke my heart to see him so broken. Now he hasn't got any family left that talk to him. When he pulled away from me, I watched him slump into the bedroom so I decided to start cleaning the table and the dishes. I was broken out of my thoughts when he came through in his running clothes.

"I'm just going for a run to clear my head love." He said as he kissed my cheek.

"Ok baby. Please be safe and take your phone." I told him as I watched him nod before leaving the apartment. I don't know how I'm supposed to help with this but I know that I am going to try. After I had finished cleaning I got myself changed into one of his oversized hoodie and sat on the sofa waiting for him to come home. He's been out for over an hour and I'm starting to get worried. As I'm about to dial his number he walks through the door and silently makes his way to the bathroom. As soon as he comes over to the sofa in just some boxers I open my arms for him knowing that he might just want cuddles and some quiet company for now.

"You can talk to me whenever you're ready baby" I told him as I rubbed his forearms.

"Thank you love. I think its best we get some sleep, it's been an exhausting evening." He said as he stood up and held my hand out for me. He lead the way to the bedroom, we both got in and I instantly latched myself on him.

"I'm sorry if it made you feel uncomfortable. I never wanted you to see that" he said as he just stared up at the ceiling.

"It's OK baby. I'm proud of you, you know that." I told him as I looked up at his face. He lent down and pressed a kiss to my lips making me smile.

"I love you so much" he said with a smile.

"I love you more" I told him as I yawned. I tightened my grip around him and we both started to fall asleep with a smile on my face knowing that in someway I can make him feel a little better.