Chapter 4

Lizzie's POV

I woke up the next morning to the sun shining through my windows. I slowly opened my eyes and reached over to my phone on the night stand to check what time it was. It was currently 7am. "Why the fuck am I awake this early on my last day off." I thought to myself. I slowly got out of bed and went downstairs to make myself a coffee. I had slowly made my way over to sit on the sofa while drinking my coffee and decided to put Netflix on. As I was scrolling through trying to decide what to watch, my phone started to ring and I saw Scarlett's name so I answered it.

"Hi Scar, how are you?"

"Hey Liz I'm doing great, how are you"

"Yeah I'm doing great but what's got you calling this early"

"Well Brie and I were wanting to see if you wanted to go for brunch today if your not too busy with lover boy."

"Oh my god Scar seriously we've only been out  on a couple of dates, were not exactly lovers"

"Wait a couple of dates? When did the second one happen? You only went for coffee and lunch with him yesterday"

"Oh fuck, I should've just kept my mouth shut." I said as I face palmed.

"Well come on now, I want to know when this other date happened. So tell me everything"

"Well I invited him to mine yesterday evening for dinner. I just wanted to see him again"

"Ooh so you really like him dont you?"

"Yeah I really do, but its abit complicated. I'll tell you more when we meet up for.brunch cos I know Brie is going to ask the same questions and I dont feel like repeating myself."

"Awww come on, I want to know now, I can't wait that long."

"When and where are we meeting for brunch?"

"Where meeting at 11am at the usual spot so don't be late cos I want to know everything."

"Ok Scar, I'll see you soon ok. And dont worry I'll tell you the rest when I see you"

"Yeah you better tell us or I'm coming for you. I'll see you in abit"

When I had finished on the phone with Scar I checked to see what time it was, it was 7.45am so I still had plenty of time to get ready before needing to leave to meet Scar and Brie. So after I had finished my coffee I went to start getting showered and ready to go. By the time I was finished it was 10.30am. I made sure that everything was turned off before grabbing my purse and keys and heading out into the car. After a while I had pulled up into the parking lot to find a space. As  I made my way over to the restaurant I spotted both Scar and Brie already inside. When I reached their table they both greeted me with a hug before sitting back down.

"So how was the dinner last night?" Scarlett asked with a smirk and wiggling her eyebrows at me

"Wow ok were jumping straight in are we?" I said with a playful eye roll

"of course. I want to know everything" she replied with her signature smirk

"and don't leave anything out" Brie chimed in practically jumping out of her seat.

Before I could say anything I was saved for a moment by the waiter coming over asking for our orders. But it didn't last long.

"so come on. Are you actually gonna start talking." Scar practically whined.