Chapter 6

Y/N Pov

After I had finished texting Lizzie, I was lost in my own little world. I was just happy to get to see her again on Saturday. Ever since the first time looking into her green eyes, I just couldn't get them out of my head. I was soon awoken from my thoughts when I heard my phone going off and I didn't realise I was just thinking for hours about her. So as I checked who had texted me to see the time was 7pm. Shit. I had ran to the bathroom to shower and get ready before making my way to meet Jamie and Dek at the bar. When I had arrived there, it was only 7.50pm, so I decided to go to the bar and order myself a drink. Before I knew I heard someone shouting my name. So I turned around only to be met by my brother.

"Hey lil bro" I greeted as I pulled him in for a quick hug.

"Hey you started the party without us. How rude." Jamie said with a cheeky smirk

"Hey I was early and rewarded myself with a drink. Its not my fault your always late" I told him as I playfully nudged his shoulder

"Anyways where's Dek. I thought he was coming aswell" he said as he looked through the crowd of people.

"Yes he is, he should be here any minute now. So do want a drink while we wait because I'm in need of a new one" I asked with a smile

"Yeah I'll just have a beer" Jamie asked returning my smile.

"So how's college been? It feels like we've not spoke in ages." I asked him as I flagged the bartender over.

"That's because we haven't spoke in ages. Your always away. But anyways it's going good I suppose" he answered with a sad smile. I know he feels bad when we don't talk much considering how close we used to be when we were kids.

"Oh come on, don't be like that. I love my job, its what I've alwaysbwanted to do. I was never cut out for school you know that." I told him with a frown.

"I know, it would just be nice to hear from you more than once every 3 months while your out there. Anyway how long have you got left on leave? " he asked with a sad smile fidgeting with his fingers avoiding my gaze.

"I'll try my hardest to call more. Its just the time difference andnthat sometimes calling can compromise our situation out there. And I return for duty in 2 months." I replied with a nervous smile unsure of his reaction.

"Ok ok. Its just I miss my big bro. Especially since I only came to college out here was to be closer to you but you know." He said followed by a nervous laugh.

"I know, but I will try more ok. I promise. Have you heard from dad" I asked as I looked at my drink.

"No I've not heard from him in a while but mum tells me he's OK and he misses me. Why how longs it been since you've spoke to them." He replied as he watched me closely.

"Well it's been a very long time. Since dad practically threw me out fornfailing senior year. So that why I decided to join the army. Just to get away from him" I said with a sad smile.as I took a sip of my beer.

"But you ran away from and mum too. We both miss you like crazy you know." Jamie said with a sincere look.

"I know. I've been thinking about calling mum lately, I guess I'm just nervous to be honest. I havent spoke to them in years. I've sent mum letters but never got anything back from her" I told him with a frown.

"She's just hurt that's all. She loves you and was proud of you when she found out you joined the army." He told me with a bright smile.

"I know I just wish it was easier you know?" I said as I finished the last of my drink.