Chapter 55

Lizzies pov

I had brought Y/N to his psychologist appointment so I'm waiting in the waiting room. I'm not sure how long he has been in there for but he's getting the help he needs. I was sat flicking through the magazines when my phone started ringing and I noticed that it was my mum.

Mum: hi baby girl.

Me:Hi mum what's up?

Mum: I was just phoning to see how the both of you are doing.

Me: were doing OK I guess. I'm just waiting for Y/N to finish his appointment.

Mum: Oh yeah that's today. I'm proud he's getting the help he needs.

Me: Me too. Anyway I have to ask you something

Mum: ok what is it?

Me: well as you know I'm in the middle of a project and I dont want to leave Y/N alone as he still can't do too much on his own because of his casts and injuries. I was wondering if your or dad would be able to help when I'm in work. It's just that he has no one else to help him.

Mum: thats OK sweetie. We will gladly help. He's like a son to us both and he makes you the happiest we've seen in a long time.

Me: thank you Mum. I'll let you know when I'm back at work OK.

Mum: ok baby, I'll see you soon. Love you.

Me: love you too.

When I hung up I didn't realise that Y/N had walked out with his doctor pushing him.

"Hi Ms olsen, I've already discussed with staff sergeant Y/L/N that he needs to come once a week. He has severe PTSD and will continue to have the episodes that he has explained. I have prescribed him some medication to take one a day before bed as they will make him tired. So it will be the same time next week sir." The doctor told us.

"Please just call me Y/N." He said as he thanked the doctor.

"We'll see you next week doctor." I said as I took over pushing Y/N out of the office to my car. As soon as I had him sitting in the passenger seat I folded up the wheelchair and put it in the trunk before heading to the drivers side.

"I'm so proud of you baby." I told him softly as I held his hand in mine.

"Why?" He asked which shocked me.

"Because despite everything you have been through, you are still fighting." I told him honestly knowing how hard it must be for him.

"That's because I have something that's worth fighting for." He said as he smiled softly at me. I started the car and started our journey home. "He also said that I have to talk to you more about what happened over there when I'm ready." He said as he looked out of the window.

"Whenever youre ready baby. I don't want you to do anything you don't feel comfortable with ok." I told him softly which he just smiled before looking back out of the window again. Since he has been back he's been closed off from everyone including me. I don't really know how to help him. When we got home I helped him get into the living room and helped him on the sofa.

"I'm going to make some food baby, is there anything you need?" I asked him before I headed to the kitchen.

"No I'm fine love thank you." He said sweetly before I left the room. I decided to do us both a simple sandwich, neither of us really having an appetite. I was way in over my head. Its like everything I try to help him,it just doesn't work.

Y/N pov

Flashback

We all sat and listened to his screams. I honestly felt angry that they could do this to a kid who has there whole life ahead of them. It wasn't long until he was dragged back in with us. He was out cold and worse off. I started to feel my blood boil since he reminded me so much of jamie, and I would kill anyone who hurt him even if we aren't on speaking terms.

"His pulse is weak sir." One of the guys said. I felt my heart drop at those words. I couldn't lose anymore of my brothers. So I slowly tried to stand up disregarding my own injuries. I stumbled my way to the cell door.

"HEY!!" I shouted as I banged against the door.

"HEYY!!!!" I shouted louder when I didn't get an answer the first time. I was shocked when someone actually came. "He needs help, please help him." I begged him. I was sent back in shock when I heard a gunshot. When I slowly looked behind me, I noticed that he had shot the kid in the head.

"There, he's helped." He spat in his thick accent. I had lost it at that point and tried to reach my arms through the door to grab at the guard until I was pulled back by two of my guys.

"Come on sir." One of them said trying to calm me down. Which it slowly started when they sat me down leaning against the wall. I was in shock as I was just looking at the kids corpse.

"Hey baby, are you OK?" Lizzie asked me concerned. "You look pale." All I could do was nod. I wasn't ready to talk yet, I didn't trust my voice. I just returned my attention back to the TV while lizzie sat beside me. Don't get me wrong I'm happy to be home but sometimes I really wish I didn't make it. But I know that would break lizzie more than anything.

"Thank you." I told her softly breaking her attention from the TV.

"For what?" She asked me confused.

"For being here for me. I know I'm not the easiest person to be around. And I know  I definitely haven't made it easier on you and I'm sorry for that." I told her with tears in my eyes.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. I couldn't even imagine what you have been through. But I am going to be here with you every step of your recovery no matter how long it takes because I love you and would do anything for you." She said as she held my hands in hers.

"What did I do to deserve you?" I asked her softly as I cupped her cheek looking in her captivating eyes.

"I just have really low standards." She said with a teasing smirk making me chuckle lightly before I pressed a much needed kiss to her lips.

"I love you so much. You have no idea how much." I told her as our foreheads rested together.

"I love you too baby." She said quietly before reconnecting our lips in an urgent passionate kiss. Every ounce of emotion that we both felt for each other was put into this kiss. In this moment since being home I was starting to feel safe again.