Chapter 3

Y/N POV

After I had gotten out of my shower, i was rummaging through my closet trying to decide what would be good enough to wear for tonight. After about 30mins of looking and panicking like a girl i finally decided on grey chinos, black shirt and black loafers. By the time i was ready it was 7.15pm. So i checked to see if Lizzie had sent me her address and put it into google maps to see which route was best to take to get there. After I had decided which way to go, I had made many way out of my apartment and got on my motorcycle. As I was driving down I couldn't stop myself from smiling. I didn't think I would get to see her again this quickly. Just thinking about her was making my stomach flutter. As I had approached her house i had pulled up in the driveway. After I had shut off the engine and took my helmet off, I nervously made my way to the front door and knocked. I only waited about a minute before she opened the door wearing a beautiful red dress. I just couldn't stop staring at the beauty in front of me. It was until she spoke first that snapped me back to reality.

"Hey, you okay there" she said with a smirk, clearly enjoying my flustered state.

I swallowed dryly before answering.
"Um hi. Yeah I'm good. You look gorgeous." I said while feeling the heat rising in my face with a shy smile

"Well come on in. Dinner should be ready soon. I  hope you like chicken parm." She said as we walked into her hallway.

"Oh yeah, I do. You have a beautiful home." I said as I looked around.

"Well come on I'll give you the tour" she said as she beckoned me to follow her which I did like a lost puppy.

As she was showing me all of the rooms and where the bathroom is I couldn't stop myself from staring and smiling at her. As we got to her garden and she was telling me about I couldn't help but admire the excitement in her voice and eyes as she was talking about it.

"Well dinner should be ready now. So come on let's go eat." She said as she grabbed my hand pulling me back into the house. At the sudden hand holding I began to get butterflies in my stomach. When we reached the kitchen I sat on one of the bar stools as she was dishing up the food ready to set at the table.

"Hey would like a beer with you dinner" she asked pulling me out of my daze, clearly enjoying my flustered state

"Um yeah a beer would be great thank you." I said with a smile

When she had finished getting the drinks ready, had grabbed to 2 plates to set at the table ready for us to tuck in. We ate in a comfortable silence until we both cleared our plates.

"That was really good. Thank you Lizzie." I told her with a big smile.

"Good, I'm glad you enjoyed it. It would've been embarrassing if you didn't." She laughed. Oh my god that laugh is just so infectious. I just found myself in a dumb founded state just staring at her as she laughed. I could just stare into her eyes all day.

"So would you like to watch a movie or something?" She asked as she started to clear the table.

"Yeah I would love to"

We made our way into the living room and we both sat on the sofa.

"So what would you like to watch?" She asked me with a shy smile

"Oh I dunno you chose" I told her with a shrug of my shoulders.

She then picked up the remote and started to scroll through Netflix and decided on a rom com. As we were sat watching the movie I would find myself stealing glances at her, admiring her side profile as she was engrossed in what we were watching. Half way through the movie she had made herself comfortable with her head on my shoulder, and it just set off the zoo in my stomach.

"So how long do you have left on leave?" She asked. I was completely stunned by the question, and it took me a moment to answer.

"Uh I have a couple of months left on leave at the moment, but if I was needed it could get cut short. But that almost never happens. Why'd you ask?" I said with a worried expression

With that she sat up straight to look at me. At that moment we locked eyes before she finally answered me.

"Because I'm really enjoying getting to know you. And I'll definitely miss you when you go" she said as she looked down to play with the rings on her fingers.

"Hey I'll only be gone a few months at a time. It's just like you when you have to go to different place for work." I assured her as I took a hold of her hands in mine with a gentle smile which she returned.

She relaxed back into me as we were finishing watching the film. As the film had ended I had went to check the time and it was 10.45pm.

"Well it's getting late and your getting tired. So I'm gonna head out." I told her with a soft smile

"Oh ok. I hope we can do something again sometime" she asked with a sparkle in her eyes. I really couldn't deny that I was starting to fall for this woman in such a short time.

"Oh yeah. We will definitely set something up again soon." I said as we were making our way to the door. " I really enjoyed today with you"

We were both standing at the door saying our goodbyes when we both were just looking into each others eyes then momentarily glancing between her eyes and then here lips.

"Well I guess I will talk to you later" I said. Before I knew it we where both leaning in as our lips pressed together in a soft and gentle kiss. I felt like fireworks were going off and the zoo in my stomach came alive again. When we both pulled apart she said
"Well I'll be looking forward to it, and text me when you get home safe"

"Yes ma'am" I said playfully as she just laughed. I started to make my to my motorcycle giving her one last smile before I put my helmet on and pulled away on the roads to my apartment.

Lizzie's pov

I just stood there and watched him get on his motorcycle and drive away. When he was gone out of my sight I slowly turned around to go in my house. I just couldn't believe all the different feelings I had for him in such a short amount of time. He wasn't like most guys I've been out with, he was kind and gentle and just thinking about him made my stomach flutter. I wasn't happy that within a couple months he was going back to work and that made me sad. But I knew one thing for sure was that I really wanted to get to know him more. So I decided to get myself ready for bed and before I knew it I drifted off to sleep.