Chapter 47

Y/N pov

The last 3 days where amazing. I was currently lying awake unable to drify back off to sleep. I was just enjoying the time I have left with Lizzie in my arms. I watched as she slept peacefully, memorising every freckle and feature off her beautiful face. I'm truly gonna miss her but it's only 181 days until in home again with her.

I just lay down holding her until my alarm went off telling me it was time to get up. I started to run my fingers through her hair gently as she started to wake up.

"Hey sweetheart, we've gotta get up." I told her softly as I pressed a kiss to her head.

"OK baby, I'm up." She said with her raspy voice. We both made our way into the bathroom to have a quick shower before getting dressed. I had already packed my bag and got my combats put ready last night so I didn't really need to do much when we woke up and I could spend as much time with her as possible before we left. We both ate breakfast together in a comfortable silence before she climbed onto my lap nuzzling her head in my neck. I wrapped my arms around her hugging her tightly just enjoying the moment. I started to feel her silent tears on my neck as I rubbed my hand up and down her back.

"Hey I'll be home in no time love. Just think of it as I'm going away to film or something." I said with a soft smile.

"But your not. Because if that were the case I would be able to come and visit you but all I can get is stupid phone calls and letters. I don't even get to feel you next to me for 6 months. 6 whole months without your hugs. I just don't want you to go." She said with tears streaming down her face. My heart broke a little when I saw the pain and worry in her eyes when I looked in them.

"Hey I'll always come home to you. I will fight to my last breath to come home to you. You are my home Elizabeth chase olsen. You are my everything." I told her as I cupped her cheeks. "But if you want to take a break from us that's"

"NO. Don't you ever suggest that again. I don't want us to have a break. You are my home Y/N and I want nothing more than to have a future and a family with you. I don't care about your job, there's only two tours left until you leave and then we can start our future together." She cut me off with an angry look.

"OK I'm sorry for suggesting that. I want nothing more than to have a family with you and to have little Lizzies running around." I told her with a gentle smile which she pulled me in for a passionate kiss.

"OK as much as I'd love to keep doing that we have to leave love." I told her softly as she stood up and held her hand out for me to hold. We both walked to the car hand in hand while I opened the drivers side door for her. The drive was silent. Neither of us knowing what to say to each other. There's really no point. We both no that what we say only prolongs the inevitable. I just want to make her happy and everytime I leave her I know it breaks her heart a little each time. Especially with the constant worries of the risks.

Lizzie pov

We were driving towards the base in silence. I honestly don't know what to say to him. I was kinda pissed that he thought about going on a break. It hurt me to think that he thought that but I can understand where he was coming from. I know that he hates leaving me for his job for months on end but there is nothing either of us can do about. I love the fact that he loves his job and he's managed to do it for 11 years. I'm proud of him and I'm definitely proud to call him mine. The drive to the base went by quickly. I walked with him to the hangar again not wanting to miss a single moment with him.

"Well this is it." I said sadly as I avoided his eyes.

"Yeah. Well I will get a routine sorted out for us to facetime if I can. And I will write to you all the time. But I will be home to you in no time love." He said as he cupped my cheeks making me look at him. "I'm gonna miss you so much. At least I have you're smile with me everyday."

"What do you mean?" I asked him confused as he pulled out a picture of me at a party after spilling my drinking over myself with a goofy smile. "I'm gonna miss you more. Please just promise me that you will fight your hardest to come home to me."

"I promise I will. I love you so much." He said as I pulled him in for a passionate kiss. The last kiss that we will share for 6 whole months.

"I love you so much more." I said as we pulled away. With another soft kiss he walked away onto the jet. I watched with tears in my eyes until he was out of my sight. Once I made it to my car I couldn't stop the tears that started to fall. I just can't shake the feeling that something will go wrong. Once I managed to pull myself together I started to drive to my mums. I just needed someone to talk to and obviously you can't go wrong with mummy cuddles. As soon as I pulled up she was already at the door with her arms open and I soon broke down sobbing in her embrace. She walked us both back over to the sofa. She didn't say anything but just comfort me.

"Hey baby, what's wrong?" She asked when I started to calm down.

"He's gone, I'm not gonna see him for 6 months and I just have a really bad feeling." I said quietly as I wiped my cheeks. "He even mentioned about taking a break this morning."

"I'm sure he's just trying to protect your heart. So did you go on a break?" She said as she still hugged me tightly when I just shook my head. "Well I'm sure that everything will be fine." She reassured me.

"Yeah you're right. I'm probably just overreacting with him leaving for 6 months." I said as I walked into the kitchen to do us both some coffee. I spent the rest of the day with my mum before I went home to our empty bed.