Chapter 57

Y/N pov

It's been a couple of weeks since I've told lizzie everything, and she didn't run away. She just embraced me. I couldn't be happier. I've really started to make progress on my PTSD, I'm not having as many episodes or panic attacks which is  great. I've fully healed now, so I'm just full of scars. I haven't even thought about being intimate with lizzie because I'm scared that she might find my scars as gross as I do. I know it sounds stupid but it's just how I feel. I do know that I'm going ring shopping soon for her engagement ring, especially since she stuck by me while I was at my worst just made me fall in love with her more than I already do. So I asked her dad if he would come with me.

"Hey love, I'm going out with you're dad today ok." I told her as I walked upto her while she was watering her garden.

"Ok, should I be nervous?" She asked making me laugh.

"No, it's just some time with him, having a drink and some food that's all." I told her as I wrapped my arms around her waist 

"Ok then baby. Have fun and ill see you later." She said as she gave me a soft kiss.

"I love you." I told her as I walked back inside.

"I love you baby." She shouted back after me. I soon met David outside in his car.

"Hey Y/N, so what do I owe the pleasure?" He asked before he started the car

"Well I need you're help at picking an engagement ring for Lizzie." I said nervously.

"So you're finally going to do it?" He asked me with a wide smile.

"Yeah, I'm feeling miles better in myself and I have lizzie to thank for that. She didn't run when she knew how bad I was." I said with a soft smile as I recall all of the times Lizzie as helped ground me.

"That's great. Come on I know exactly where to go." He said as he started the car. It wasn't long until we were parked outside of the jewellers. We both walked in before we started to look around.

"Hi how may I help you today?" The store assistant asked with a smile.

"Uhm hi I'm here to by an engagement ring, for my girlfriend." I said nervously.

"Oh yes, let me go and get the best engagement rings out to show you." They said as they went into the back of the shop.

"I know you've probably heard this a lot from Lizzie but I just wanted to say how proud I am of you. I know we've only known eachother over a year and I'm proud of how happy you make my baby girl." He said as he put his hand on my shoulder.

"Thank you." I said with a soft smile. The store assistant walked back in with a selection of engagement rings.

"So can you tell me about the lucky lady." They asked as David looked at me to answer.

"Well, she's got gorgeous green eyes with blonde hair, her favourite colour is blue.." I rambled on about her for ages as the both of them listened with wide smiles on there faces.

"Well this one is perfect for you." They said as they held out a platinum band with a sapphire surround by small diamonds.

"Yeah I'll take that one." I told them.

"Ok I shall wrap it up for you." They said as they went back into the store room.

"I've just got one question to ask?" David said as we both made our way to his car while i just nodded to let him know to continue. "Why don't you drive anymore?"

"Well uh, I'd prefer not to at the moment since I do still suffer from PTSD episodes and I don't really want to risk having one while I'm behind the wheel. I already feel bad enough, I don't think I'd be able to take it if I did something that I could've prevented." I told him honestly.