Chapter 91

Lizzie's pov

We have been married a little over six months now and we are getting ready for Freya's first birthday. I can't believe that she has grown so fast. Y/N has been busy with college getting his teaching degree which I couldn't be anymore proud of him. I have been working on a new season for Sorry for Your Loss. I will admit it is hard juggling parenting while doing a full time job but I am thankful for my parents who have helped a lot with having Freya. But right now, Y/N is having a daddy daughter day with Colin and Rose while Scar and my mum help me organise her birthday.

"So, what should we do? She's only going to be one." I asked them both as we sat in the garden.

"Well it could just be the family and friends. Maybe a little barbecue. For the bigger kids a little pool party and no alcohol." My mum suggested.

"That is perfect. She won't remember having it so it will be nice for us to celebrate one year of keeping her alive." I smiled Scar laughed.

"That's a nice way to put it honey." Mum smirked at me.

"Well it's true, but it would be nice to see everyone again at the same time." I said with a smile as Scar nodded in agreement.

"It would and it would be a nice little sober party and we know that the kids will be safe." Scar smiled softly.

The rest of the afternoon we ordered the decorations and a disney princess cake for her birthday. Y/N and I had already had her presents ordered and wrapped ready for the day and coordinated with everyone. We all smiled when Y/N and Colin walked in with Freya and Rose in their arms. They both flopped onto the sofa with the kids still attached to them.

"Are you both ok?" Mum asked them as they both hummed in response making the three of us laugh. "I think I best get home to your dad." She said as she kissed the top of my head. She bid her goodbyes to the tired children who just grunted in response making us all laugh at them. I walked into the kitchen to start on dinner with Scar on my tail.

"Do you guys want to stay for dinner?" I asked her as I turned around to face her.

"Sure, what are we having?" She asked as she watched my every move.

"Pasta." I smiled as I got the ingredients out. She helped me prepare the vegetables and once everything was cooking, we both decided to have a glass of wine.

"So how has work been?" She asked me with a smile.

"It's been great. I'm not gonna lie but it's hard juggling work and a baby. I honestly have no idea how you did it." I told her honestly.

"Of course it's hard. But you soon enough will fall into a rhythm with it. It will get easier as time goes on." She told me. "Have you thought about hiring a nanny?"

"No we haven't really discussed it. I didn't think that would be something that Y/N would want." I told her.

"Well talk about it. It is honestly the best decision I have ever made. Rose loves Layla and she's amazing with her." She told me. "I can give you her number if you'd like."

"Yeah, but hopefully Y/N will agree with it." I said as I checked on the food.

"I'm sure he will. You both need time to yourselves too. It's not like you're abandoning her, you're just giving someone the opportunity to step in and ease the load." She said softly as I plated up the pasta. We both put the plates on the dining table before telling the children. Y/N put Freya in her high chair before taking his seat beside me as he started to feed her while he ate his. We all fell into a comfortable conversation hearing about the day at the park. Rose telling us everything that they did together and how Freya was walking on the grass holding her and Y/N's hand.

"I even snapped a picture." Colin beamed up as he grabbed his phone to show us.

"You should send me that." I told him with a smile as he shown Scar.

"Me too. I want it." She smiled as she watched how Y/N was tuned out to everything other than his attention on feeding Freya and Rose had moved to sit on his lap and feed him.

"It seems like Rose loves him more than me." Colin said with a fake pout.

"Yeah it does." Scar smiled as she watched her daughter animatedly talking Y/N's ear off as he smiled and shown the same enthusiasm.

"So can we have ice cream for dessert?" Rose asked politely breaking us out of our little observation of the two of them.

"Of course sweetie." I said as I picked up a messy Freya from her seat to change her and clean her up.

Y/N pov

I watched with a bright smile as Lizzie left the room with our baby in her arms.

"You really do love her don't you uncle Y/N." Rose asked as she looked up at me.

"Of course I do." I told her as we made our way to the kitchen for the ice cream. "Your Auntie Lizzie is everything to me. And to be able to call her my wife and the mother of my child is everything and more than I could've ever wished for."

"I want a baby sister." She stated as she sat on the counter eating her ice cream as I started cleaning.

"Why don't you ask your mum and Colin?" I asked her.

"I don't know, if I were to have one, they would probably be confused as I call Colin Colin and not Daddy like they would." She said sadly.

"Well is there anything that you would like to call him?" I asked her softly as I took her empty bowl and handed her a fruit cup.

"I would like to call him daddy but I'm scared to?" She said as she looked at her swaying feet.

"Why are you scared?" I asked her as I dried my hands.

"What if he doesn't see me like a daughter because I'm not really his." She sniffled.

"Well do you want me to tell you what I know?" I asked her and she nodded.
"Colin loves you so much, he loves you like you're his own. He doesn't care that you both don't share DNA, when he first got with your mum he also made a silent promise to you. He promised to be that father figure for you and love you unconditionally. So if you want to call him dad go for it. He will probably cry like a baby though." I told her softly earning a chuckle.

"Thank you." She hugged me tight.

"I'll always be here if you need someone to talk to princess." I told her as I kissed the top of her head. I jumped down from the counter and picked Rose up before we joined the others in the living room.

"Treating my kid like a slave now Y/L/N?" Scar teased making me chuckle.

"Well she has to learn sometime." I shrugged as Rose jumped in Colin's lap and snuggled him. "Where's Freya?" I asked my wife as I sat beside her.

"She's asleep. You guys tired her out." She smiled as she pecked my lips and snuggled into me as we fell into easy conversation with everyone.