Chapter 25

Lizzie's pov

I woke up early today because I couldn't really sleep last night knowing that he goes today. I know it's only for 3 months but it still seems like a very long time and I know we will talk every chance he gets. I just know that these next 3 months are going to be really hard to get through. I reached over to get my phone off the night stand to check the time and I groaned when I saw its was only 5am. I then decided to go and make myself some coffee because today is going to be one hell of a long day. I started to make breakfast for us both, because I thought it would be nice to have one last meal together. I know I'm making it sound in my own head that he's not going to come back, which I know is a possibility but I'm sure that he will come home. After I had finished plating up breakfast, I went to wake him up. I started to pepper his face with kisses, I giggled at his reaction to being woke up.

"come on baby, get up" I whispered into his ear.

"5 more minutes" he said in his raspy morning voice.

"come on breakfast is getting cold" I told him as I gave him a gentle kiss.

"ok ok I'm coming" he said as he started to get up wiping the sleep out of his eyes.

"not for another 3 months your not" I said with a smirk as I made my way over to the door

"Hey how do you know?" He said with a smirk and pink tinted cheeks

"because I'm not there with you" I said as I leaned against the door frame. I just giggled at his flustered stated and watched as he awkwardly walked towards the bathroom to get ready. I made my way down to the kitchen to start on my breakfast and not long after Y/N had joined me at the table.

"are you ready for today?" I asked him as I took a sip of my coffee.

"Yeah I'm ready love. Just a bit nervous" he said as he took a bite of his food.

"your bound to be nervous baby. Its a dangerous job but someone's got to do it. And I admire you for that." I told him with a gentle smile.

"thank you. Its just going to be weird not being with you." He told me as he looked at me with sad smile.

"we will be fine baby. These 3 months will be over before we know it." I said as I reached over to hold his hand.

"Yeah you're right. We will be fine" he said with a bright smile.

After we ate breakfast we went and cuddled on the couch before we had to leave. On the way to the base the ride was quiet. He periodically kissed the back of my hand bringing a soft smile to my face. I was definitely not ready for today. I could already feel my eyes burning because of the tears that threatened to escape. As we pulled up in the parking lot. We both got out and he grabbed his bag and started making our way through the base.  As soon we reached the hangar I knew that this was it. He turned around and placed his bag on the floor next to him and grabbed a hold of my hands making me look up at him. He then pulled me into a slow but passionate kiss. I was sure that he could taste my tears as they were just flowing now. When we pulled apart he rested his head on mine.

"I'm really going to miss you" he said barely above a whisper

"I love you so much baby." I said as I looked up at him.

"I love you too sweetheart. I will make sure I fight my hardest to come home to you." He said as he gave me a sweet kiss.

"I'll see you baby" I told him with tears in my eyes.

"I'll message as soon as we land love. I will be home soon." He said as he picked up his bag and made his way into to hangar. With that I waved him off and slowly started back towards my car. When I had made my way back into my car I just completely fell apart. I knew it was only 3 months but since being with him I had completely fell in love him. Just being with him makes me feel safe and happy. Everytime he kisses me feels like fireworks have set off in my stomach. He just makes me feel things that I haven't felt with any of the other guys I've been with.

When I had finally stopped crying and wiped my eyes, I started on my journey to work. I was supposed to be there earlier but I had ask Kevin if I could come in later and explained why, which to my surprise he agreed. As I had pulled up to my trailer i quickly walked in and locked the door as I wasn't needed on set for a while. I just sat there in my thoughts. I was worried about him, but I missed him already like crazy. I'm starting to realise that I'm in love with him. I was brought out of my thoughts when there was a knock at my trailer and I quickly got up to answer to see that it was Scarlett.

"there ready for you in hair and make up" she said with a smile.

"I'll be there in a minute" I said as I moved back in to my trailer.

"are you OK?" She asked as she looked at me concerned

"yeah I'm fine." I told her as I splashed my face with cold water.

"you're not. I know you well enough to know that lizzie. You dropped him off and you're spending 3 months apart. Of course its going to hurt like he'll but you guys will work through this. I haven't seen Colin look at me the way Y/N looks at you. He's completely in love with you" she said with a bright smile.

"I hope you're right, because I'm so in love with him I feel like I can't breath with out him here." I told her as she pulled me into a hug.

"that feeling right there is the reason you guys will get through it" she said she cupped my face wiping the tears that fell.

After my little heart to heart with Scarlett, the rest of the day went by vary quickly I was happy to get home. I found myself pulling up at his apartment. I just got of my car and walked up to his apartment and let myself in. I checked my phone to see if I had any messages off him, but still nothing yet. He said he would text me when he landed safely. I was sure that he would've landed by now. I was starting to think of the negative outcomes that could've happened. I was really starting to worry now, but I was suddenly brought out of my daze when my phone started to ring. I had a huge smile on my face when I saw that it was Y/N facetiming me.

Y/N: Hey love, we've landed safely

Lizzie: it's so good to see your face baby. I'm glad you got there safe

Y/N: I told you I would be fine. How was your day?

Lizzie: it was OK I guess. I was just missing you so much.

Y/N: you only saw me this morning love, I would've thought you'd be happy to get rid of me for a while.

Lizzie: I would never, you look hot in your uniform baby.

Y/N: Oh yeah, does it do anything for you

Lizzie: Oh yeah it does. We might just have to get our frustrations out with phone sex

Y/N: you do realise I share a tent with other guys baby

Lizzie: no I did not know that. Oh god I'm so embarrassed

Y/N: don't be baby. Don't worry when I get home we will have one hell of a welcome home party, just the two of us.

Lizzie: Oh yeah, what will be doing

Y/N: whatever you want us to do

Lizzie: that sounds good baby. Well I should be finished up with filming when you come home so we will have plenty of time together

Y/N: I can't wait baby. Well I've got to go love. We going on patrol soon

Lizzie: ok baby, be safe

Y/N: I will love, I love you so much

Lizzie: I love you more

Y/N: not possible love

After we ended the call, I went to bed with the biggest smile on my face. Just the one phone call off him can put me at ease without him even trying. I soon fell asleep with my dreams filled with memories of the both of us together that we've made these last couple of months. I just can't wait to make more memories with him when he's home. It's at that moment I realised that he's my future, my happiness and my home.