The Lost Hope

"I can not understand thought we'd be the happiest when he would die." Ron said looking around at Harry who was teaching the army his secret, the disarming charm. And Hermione who was looking around frantically. 

"We would, if Riddle didn't go and die protecting so many lives." Harry said, Disbanding the group and appearing next to Ron soon followed by Hermione who had tears sparkled in her eyes. 

"Hermione..." Ron trailed. Hermione sniffled. "I j-just wish.... Riddle could live for Y/n, she loves him s-so m-much, s-she tried to s-ave him... e-each day and n-night... and a-fter all this he's dying!" Hermione spluttered. 

"He did what my mother did, but he's suffered...." Harry said quietly. 

"He's just saving those lives who he had killed in the past." Ron said rolling his eyes, with anger. "Why on Earth do we have to mourn?" 

"He found remorse." Harry said very quietly. 

"What?! after everything's he done? he killed Lily, James, Sirius, Fred, my mothers brothers, so many in the order! and didn't pay in Azkaban..." 

"Oh he'll pay." Hermione announced dabbing her eyes of with the napkin. "Y/n also said... Ariel said if he doesn't love before the last petal he'll die...In oblivion, but this potion is so dangerous that no one dares to attempt it and Protectio Mawat was never needed until Riddle used it... he's vanquishing Mot till Y/n will be ready to fight and Mot cursed him to the abyss to slowly eat him away...." Hermione whispered. 

"Is there no way? anything we can do to stop it?" Harry asked quickly. 

Hermione shook her head no, "Nothing, he could be stopped.... in the first week of the potion but it has been two months..." 

"Maybe an time turner? another healing potion? to ask Ariel or Y/n to reverse it? anything?" Harry asked again. 

Hermione sadly shook her head. "He's blocked the turners, and healing potions are giving him the side effects he burned his research and scattered the ashes all around... and Veritaserum is loosing it's powers.... and the rose petal which Ariel gave.... is at it's last." 

Tom was looking out the window, The evening skies getting darker and the sun was setting down, he then glanced at his hand his chalk whiter hands beginning to color a soft shade of skin color, and how his usual gleaming red eyes had faded into the...

Tom was looking out the window, The evening skies getting darker and the sun was setting down, he then glanced at his hand his chalk whiter hands beginning to color a soft shade of skin color, and how his usual gleaming red eyes had faded into the most pronounced dark brown eyes you had ever seen, He shuffled under the pillow. He glanced at you where you laid eyes closed and your hair in a mess, he looked at you tired, and a little sore from the tears, your braid was tied up in everything but a braid and your lips had lost most of it's color. 

You moved a little and opened your eyes, and saw Tom who was looking right back at you. 

"The last day... of the week... tomorrow does Mot comes to Hogwarts?" You questioned dryly. 

"More or less... I expect he will revenge, on failed plans, I highly doubt he'll declare war." He said casually, knowing exactly what was to come. 

"He knows you blood bounded?" 

"I think so, he has the crystal globe and I dare say he loves to use it to spy." 

"So? the war's post ponded.... again?" 

Tom gave a soft, deep chuckle.  "Oh no dear, it will happen tomorrow but the destruction might not be what you expect..." Tom softly said. 

"You mean what exactly?"

"May I remind you darling, I don't have the exceptional skill of reading the future, unless you count Divination... though I must admit, I never particularly studied that branch with proficiency." 

"You know what'll happen... you blood bounded, trapped me... and you have more than the Abyss ahead don't you??" 

"Mot will kill me Y/n, it has to be--" You abruptly got up, and stormed out the room and pushed the door behind you. You opened your room door with force and pushed it again. 

You took the hot water and poured it in the container, Taking the rose essence you stirred it.... and added the rose petals. 

In a swirl of wind, everything bright you had your mother in front. 

"Y/n, dear... long time it has--" 

"It has been mother! long time and I dare say I'd like to keep it that way!" You said closing your eyes trying to compress the rage. 

"Dear what happened?"

"Do you want me to spell it out?? Mother! Tom it's on Tom how can you even think of helping him in Protecto Mawat!? you knew the cost of this! he was a human no demi-god, no angel!" You said. 

Ariel looked around, "So you know now, I am sorry Y/n..." 

"Sorry for killing the man I love so much? you've cursed him? he's going to die completely did you actually forget what will happen if he enters the abyss?... he'll be.... destroyed! how could you actually agree to help him?" 

"He said he wanted to protect you, that he loved you--" 

"And I don't? I don't? is it? I don't love Tom, and I don't want to protect him?" 

"And that's what I am afraid off... Y/n dear your great you have the heart your kind, sweet, gentle your someone who would be lucky to have you.... but you never think, you don't have the plan, you tend to act on your feelings and sometimes you need to see the more logical side, or else it's the same... What I'm trying to say is your dangerous your emotions, your feelings get the best of you. And I told Tom because setting aside his feelings for you, he could protect you, manage an army, complete his research and Love you... and you don't have that." Ariel ended slightly regretfully. Watching the tears slid down your cheeks. 

"D-Does Tom to t-think I'm.... never mind." Ariel sighed and brushed a tear, "Good luck my dear.." 

And then she was gone leaving you all alone again. You checked the clock half past 2'o clock at the end of tomorrow war will continue, Tom will die... and Mot will be vanquished leaving you alone feeling pathetic and weak!

"Y/n?" A voice softly called out your name it was the last person who you wanted to see at the moment Tom. 
You brushed of your tears and stood up, "Oh Tom, your strong enough to walk did you take the... medicine?" 

Tom nodded your gaze dropped to the floor, but Tom's gaze never wavered. 

"You didn't come by today?" 

"I was going to... with the food." You shortly replied. "When are you going to die, when is this supposed to happen?" 

"Tomorrow at nightfall." He curtly replied coming towards you. 

"Okay.." You softly said and was going to cross him when you felt his hand clasp your wrist bringing you to him you tried to resist the embrace but Tom didn't let you go, you let the tears fall and struggled against him until you gave up and let him hold you. 
He stroked your hair slowly, his presence was enough to calm you down.

"Y/n... listen" He whispered leaning into your ear "I love you.." 

Your eyes fluttered open, "I-I Love you to Tom." Tom kissed your head.