Chapter 73 - Calm after the storm

Start from the beginning

...

Quinn hurried straight to Negan, without even realizing Daryl was there. Negan was more surprised by every step Quinn took towards him.

...

As I approached him I felt my anger was over the roof. I throw away my backpack, then I pushed his chest and yelled at him.

"NEVER EVER DO THIS AGAIN!!" I said. "What the hell were you thinking?!" I asked, pressing every word, pushing his chest.

"I'm sorry?" Negan asked unsurely.

"Don't you dare to leave me behind like this ever again!" I said.

"Quinn," said Daryl quietly, he already knew what it was like when I was angry.

"Shut up Daryl!" I yelled at him, then I realized he was there and he was safe and sound. "Sorry, hi. I'm glad you're okay. Is Carol okay?" I asked.

"Not back yet," he said.

I was so confronted, I was happy Daryl was alive, but I was still mad at Negan. Daryl held up his hands defensively.

"Half of the forest is listening to this," said Daryl quietly, pointing at us. "Just... be more quiet."

"Alright, alright, now go," I said. Daryl nodded and left us alone. I turned back to Negan and pushed his chest once again.

"Hey! I came here to help Carol and Daryl! Is it not what you wanted?" he asked.

"No! I wanted you to stay safe! It was enough to worry about Carol and Daryl!" I continued in a more quiet way.

"Shit, Dixon was right," said Negan.

"What?!"

"Nothing."

I was staring at him angrily, but suddenly he started smiling. He stepped closer to me and looked me in the eye with an impish twinkle in his eyes.

"So does that mean you were worried about me?" he asked. He was so fuckin' handsome.

"What are you doing?" I asked as he slowly slipped his hands on my waist. My face was going red.

"You don't have to worry anymore. Holy Dixon saved me."

"You needed to be saved?" I snapped at him. Negan regretted instantly that he said that. "What happened?!"

"I had a little disagreement with Beta, but that's all. Nothing happened. See? Not even a scratch," he said showing me his hands.

I felt anger pumping in my head once more.

"You were in danger," I said furiously, but in a quiet way.

"Nah, I wasn't. Daryl popped out of nowhere and stabbed the guy."

I pushed his chest once again.

"I finally got you back and you get yourself killed??" I asked through gritted teeth. He chuckled as he put his hands on my waist once again.

"You are so cute," he said smiling. We looked each other in the eye for a long moment and I got lost. I slowly forgot about my anger. His eyes and his smile were all I could think about, I fell under his spell. I grabbed the back of his neck and kissed him, wildly. He kissed me back instantly, pulling me even closer, his arms tightened around me...

...

Daryl was leaning against a tree, deep in thoughts when he heard someone's steps. He turned around quickly and saw Carol and Lydia arriving back. Henry was already hugging Lydia. Daryl was concerned, even though he was still mad at Carol for Connie. Carol hugged Jerry while she locked eyes with Daryl. After Jerry, she stepped to Daryl, but he stepped away. He didn't want to hug her. Carol didn't even try. She just asked: