"Jeez, you finally have the opportunity to be with him and yet he is pulling away."

"Because of his forest girlfriend and because of Connie... I'm starting to think he has... had... a crush on Connie as well. He doesn't have feelings for me... even if he did, in the past... he doesn't anymore."

"I don't know. I'll talk to him. He was still in love with you when we went looking for him in the woods. When we were taking Henry to Hilltop. That was after his forest girlfriend and still, he said he loved you back then."

"I don't think that's the case anymore. I gave up everything, made myself available and he wanted to be with Connie," she said, staring at the cigarette in her hand.

"We cannot know that. He is not a man of words, most likely we will never know."

Carol shrugged her shoulder and kept smoking. She looked me in the eye.

"What about Negan? Given he talks nonstop, he must have courted you all night."

"Nope. We were sleeping. And he is only talking a lot when he is nervous or when he wants to perform in front of people. We were talking casually. And he wasn't courting me, he was still taken aback by the shock that I'm alive."

"I'm surprised to hear that. Maybe it's serious from his side too," she said, then breathed out smoke. She examined me with her eyes.

"What about Daryl?" she asked.

"What about him? Oh, come on... You don't mean...? You know exactly I don't have any feelings for Daryl anymore, for quite a long time. We're just friends. And not in a way he is friends with you. I don't even understand how you came up with this."

"He is still hurt and grumpy because of having a fight with you. And he doesn't like seeing you with Negan."

"Carol... he doesn't have feelings for me, don't get jealous, please. He was never attracted to me. I'm with Negan now and I'm not going to leave him ever again. And Daryl's not fond of the idea, because of Negan's crimes."

"Okay..." she said.

"I wish Daryl would make a move on you. You would calm down finally. But it doesn't help when you have random occasions with Ezekiel..."

"That was a mistake... I thought we were going to die and I was sad and he was kind and comforting..."

"Uh... Stop. It hurts to listen. I didn't think you were a girl like that."

"Girl like what?" she snapped, exhaling smoke sharply.

"Bitchy," I said mocking her.

"It's the end of the world... we should do whatever the hell we want," she said, smiling.

"True. So you should make a move on Daryl."

Her smile faded away, she became serious again.

"Daryl's different... he is important."

"He is too important, so you don't get together? What does that even mean?

"I don't know. I get shy, like a little girl, when I'm around him. I guess it's enough for me to know that he feels something. However, I'm not sure anymore if he still does."

"You are hopeless. I give up," I stood up. "You shouldn't sleep around anyway."

"I'm not sleeping around, it was just one person and one occasion," she snapped.

I fell in love with the devil |The Walking Dead| NeganxOC |CarolxDarylजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें