Chapter 51 - Ghosts

Start from the beginning

"I don't think we can make it back to Alexandria in this state," said Negan.

"There's a house not so far," said Jesus. They headed slowly to the house.

"Why are you doing this?" asked Aaron strictly.

"Don't start it again, Aaron," said Jesus quietly.

"Because I want to make up for my past mistakes. I know I can't, but I want to help. That's what my wife, Lucille, and also Quinn would want me to do. I'm trying to honor their memories," said Negan. Aaron and Jesus stayed silent. There were so many opportunities they could have spilled that Quinn is alive, but they tried so hard not to.

"That's very kind of you," said Jesus finally. They got to the house, Negan went inside to check if it was safe. Aaron was sitting on the ground, Jesus kneeling next to him.

"Jesus... Paul... I didn't mean what I said earlier," said Aaron staring into nothing because he couldn't see anything. "I loved Eric, very much... but he wasn't the love of my life."

"Well, you just said so, a couple of minutes ago," said Jesus, still hurt.

"I know... I'm so sorry," said Aaron quietly.

"Why are you sorry? We are not a couple or anything..." said Jesus. Aaron couldn't answer. He slowly reached towards where Jesus's voice came from and gently touched his cheeks.

"But I want to be," said Aaron quietly. Jesus's heart skipped a beat. He leaned closer and slowly kissed Aaron's lips.

Negan was coming back after making sure the house was safe, but when he saw them kissing, he stopped and went back inside, not to disturb them.

When they finally parted, Jesus said smiling:

"Fine, you can be my boyfriend, if you want it that much," he said pretending to be still offended. Aaron laughed. Negan came out, clearing his throat.

"Alright, lovebirds, the house is safe. Let's get some sleep," he said and helped the two of them up, then escorted them to the house. He settled them on a couch. "I'm going to watch," he stated.

"Thank you," said Jesus. He and Aaron fell asleep in an instant.

Negan was gazing out through the window. He could see the moon and the stars. He was thinking about Quinn... He was disturbed by Aaron's words. He tried not to think about Quinn anymore, but he couldn't stop now. He thought about her. His eyes filled with tears, he quickly wiped them away and waited for morning to come.

...

When the first rays of the sun illuminated the house the two snoozers woke up.

"Good morning," said Negan. Aaron was glancing around sleepily. Negan frowned his eyebrows.

"Aaron, can you see me?" he asked. Aaron's eyes fell on him. He was confronted by his feelings. He hated Negan, yet he should be thankful to him now.

"Yes, I can. Blurry, but more than nothing," he said.

"Good," said Negan.

Aaron quickly turned his eyes to Jesus and they smiled at each other. Negan gathered them and they headed back to Alexandria.

...

Michonne was waiting by the gates with Daryl for them to come back and they were speechless by the sight of both Aaron and Jesus leaning on Negan. They quickly opened the gates and helped them off Negan's shoulders.

"What happened to you?" asked Michonne concerned.

"Hogweed, sprained ankle," pointed Negan first at Aaron, then at Jesus.

"Let's go to Siddiq," said Daryl, helping Jesus, but he stopped for a moment.

"Thank you, Negan, for your help," said Jesus sincerely. Aaron said thank you too but in a grumpier way. Michonne and Daryl were taken aback, changed glances.

"Well, you see, I could've killed these two easily, given the opportunity, but I didn't," said Negan, boasting with a wide smile. Daryl stared at him shaking his head slowly, thinking: I'm gonna beat the shit out of this bastard one day.

Michonne chuckled and continued her way with Aaron to Siddiq's house.

Negan shrugged his shoulders and headed back to his cell, alone.

...

Author's notes: Listen to "Leave out all the rest" by Linkin Park.

Hero Negan ❤ I just love hero Negan. Any Jesus x Aaron shippers here? :D Since they said in an interview that they were going that way in the show and would have happened if Jesus haven't died, I felt I had to do it. Happy ever after Jesus. ❤

Thank You for reading! ❤