chapter 47

A few days had passed and Arizona was going to meet Callie for a coffee before work. Georgia and Arizona had just parked up outside the hospital and got out of the car.

Russell; beaut everything is going to be fine. Please try not to worry too much today.

Robbins; I'll try babe.

Russell; once you are done come and find me okay. I don't have much on today, unless there is an emergency anyway. I love you.

Georgia pulled Arizona in by her waist giving her a gentle kiss.

Russell; you are strong, you got this beaut.

Robbins; I love you too... I better go.

Georgia got Timothy out of the car, Arizona kissed him goodbye then they both headed their separate ways, Arizona to the cafe across the street and Georgia into the hospital. Georgia went straight up to the peds floor after dropping Timothy off at daycare and getting changed into her scrubs.

Russell; Jo your on peds again, nice.

Wilson; I am. We got anything exciting on?

Russell; I wouldn't say saving lives was something to get excited about.

Wilson; oh you know what I mean.

Russell; anyway, not really much on today.

Wilson; are you okay George?

Russell; not really. I still can't discuss it with you but believe me when I can I will. I'm just worried about Arizona.

Wilson; is it something to do with the baby?

Russell; oh god no... no the baby is fine. I'll tell you in time.

Jo pulled Georgia in for a hug as both their pagers went off.

Karev; Russell.. you get paged too?

Russell; yeah, GSW kid. Let's go. Come on Jo.

They went down to the pit to see April being questioned by two mothers.

Karev; we got paged, gun shot kid?

Mother1; gun shot kid? Is that our kid?

Hunt; Karev, Russell let's move, incoming gsw victim is 8 years old.

Mother1; oh my god

Mother2; both of our boy are 8 years old, which on is it?

Hunt; we will know more once they arrive but in the meantime...

Karev; in the meantime we need you to sit and wait.

They all went out to wait for the incoming rig. A lot of other Doctors came out to wait too.

Russell to Karev; why is everybody out here?

Karev; guys, I appreciate that you want to help but all we need right now is Russell, Hunt, Wilson and maybe cardio and neuro, so the rest of you can go.

Nobody left and even the two mothers came out to see which boy it was. The paramedics pulled the boy out on the stretcher and mother2 broke down as it was her son. Dr Webber took them inside to the family room. They took him into the trauma room to assess his injuries. Georgia stood there stunned as she had flashbacks from the shooting when Sofia got hurt.

Karev quietly; Georgia you good?

Georgia nodded and carried on helping.

Hunt; gsw to the right upper quadrant, belly is soft. I'm going to need a...