chapter 7

This is a slightly shorter chapter

7 weeks later Sofia was doing really well Callie was up in the NICU holding Sofia.

Bailey; hello I was coming to see you

Torres; are you going to tell me to get back to bed because I've only just got here.

Bailey; actually I was coming to tell you to go home... don't drop the baby.

Torres; what... when?

Bailey; now, your vitals are stable, your clearly strong enough to hold this little precious one... so go.

Torres; did you hear that were going home...
wait... I'm going home.

Georgia, Arizona and Stark walk into the NICU to check on Sofia, arizona kisses Callie on the cheek

Robbins; hey, we just saw Bailey you can come home.

Torres; look I really don't want to go home if Sofia is not strong enough and clearly she isn't

Robbins; shh shh shh

Stark; she can go home.

Torres & Robbins; what?

Stark; well with most parents I'd say no but she has 3 Dr's at home to keep an eye on her.

Russell; so long as she can pass the infant carrier test she should be good to go.

Robbins; omg thank you.
She kisses Stark on the cheek before running off to find Mark.

Callie and Georgia were left in the NICU

Russell; she is soo beautiful Callie, you must be so happy you can all go home.

Torres; look Brit, sorry Georgia, thank you. Arizona told me that you didn't leave Sofias side the first 5 weeks of her life. I'm so sorry how I treated you before, it was unfair of me. You are an amazing friend to Arizona and I'd like to ask you something important.

Russell; hey Callie it was no trouble honestly, I was just doing my job. What is it?

Torres; not going home for 5 weeks and sleeping in those awful chairs is not your job... any way I would like to ask if you would be one of sofia's godmothers. I haven't spoken to Arizona yet but I know she would agree, you have gone above and beyond for our princess, please? Think about it.

Russell; omg... Callie I would be honoured to be one of her godmothers... thank you.

Georgia had tears in her eyes as she pulled Callie into a big hug making sure it wasn't too tight, just then Arizona and Mark walked in looking confused as they thought that callie and Georgia disliked eachother. Mark cleared his throat to show their presence.

Torres; oh hey, so I hope you both dont mind but I've asked Georgia to be one of Sofia's godmothers and she had accepted.

Robbins; wait... what?

Arizona had the biggest smile across her face as she pulled them both into a hug and kissed both of their cheeks.

Torres; well after what you told me about her not leaving this place for a solid 5 weeks I have the ut most respect for Georgia.

Robbins; whispered to Callie; thank you.
(To Georgia) ooo Karevs African orphan thing is going ahead in a month or two so we need to have a meeting about that in the next couple of days

Russell; how the hell did he manage to organise that... umm yeah sure... now let's get my little goddaughter ready to ace this test. (She says the last bit in a baby voice)

Sloan, Robbins, Russell & Torres; 5, 4, 3, 2,1

Sloan; that's 1 hour.

Robbins; you did it big girl. I'm going to get every thing together

Russell; ooo Az you need to steal some of those NICU blankets.

Robbins; yes they are the best.

Torres; okay, everybody stop, stop, stop. No she's not ready, she can't leave, she's not getting in a car it's not safe, the last time we were in a car she nearly died, we both nearly died. Get her out of that thing

Bailey; Callie your right cars are not safe for children, but neither are squirrels or people who sneeze.

Russell; Callie you don't feel this way because of the accident, you feel this way because your a parent.

Callie smiles slightly and nods at them both.

Bailey; it'll pass... mostly, some of it never will.