chapter 2

The next morning...

Georgia did not sleep at all well, she not only had the pain from her surgery but for some reason she really suffered from phantom limb pain and had nightmares from the day she lost her leg.

Georgia was involved in a freak accident when she was 17. She got trapped under debris and the damage was so bad they had to amputate below her left knee.

Grey; good morning Dr Russell, how are you feeling this morning?

Russell; tired, how long will I be stuck here or at least when can I get out of bed.

Grey; Georgia you had major surgery yesterday you need to recover properly otherwise you will be right back where you are now. On a good note your vitals are looking really good and all your tests were perfect, stay like that and you will be out of here in no time.

At that moment Dr Webber walked in to discuss your new starting date.

Webber; I've given you an extra 3 weeks, to recover, until you start but Dr Grey is going to have to give you the all clear before you can go in an OR.

Russell; thank you chief.

Grey; right you need more rest we will be back round in a couple of hours to check on your vitals, so take advantage of the quiet time and sleep.
Meredith said quite sternly

Both Dr's leave her room, Georgia tries to get comfortable but the pain in her phantom limb was really getting annoying, Georgia sat up in the bed and massaged her knee trying to get some relief. At that time her cell pinged

* AR- Hey Georgia, I'm really hoping I'm messaging the right number, how are you feeling this morning? Will you be up for any visits? Az x

* Georgia- hey Az, yes its me, I'm not too bad just tired mainly, my leg is killing me again so just trying to stop that then I'm going to have a sleep. You are always welcome to come keep me company 😉 ooh and bring Callie if she isn't busy, I can't wait to meet her. G x

* AR- okay cool. I'll leave it until this afternoon I have a surgery at 11 should be done by 2, I'll speak to Callie and see if she can. Hope you manage to sleep. Az x

* Georgia- thanks beaut, I'll try. G x,

Georgia then drifts off into a deep sleep after a couple of hours she is woken up by Meredith doing rounds with lexie and a couple of other interns

Grey; hey Georgia, sorry to disturb just doing rounds, Dr Grey please present.

Little Grey; Georgia Russell, 33, came in yesterday with abdominal bleeding and a liver laceration, Dr Grey preformed emergency surgery and all vitals and tests are perfect, so long as all is well she is looking at being discharge in 3-5 days.

Georgia smiles and says; hopefully only 3.

The interns giggle and Meredith gives them a stern look.

Grey; okay everything is looking great, hopefully tomorrow we can take out the chest tube and get you up on you feet.

Georgia interupts; foot.

Meredith gives her a serious look but eventually breaks into a soft giggle

Grey; yes foot. See you in a couple of hours

Meredith leaves with the interns and Georgia leans back to get comfortable and closes her eyes just for a minute when there was a gentle knock on the door followed by Arizona and Callie quietly coming in.

Robbins; she's asleep we better leave...

Georgia interrupts; I'm awake Az.

Callie mouths "Az?" In confusion to Arizona.