chapter 14

It was 7am seattle time when they all received a message from Dr Webber telling them to meet at the hotel across the street from the hospital, they met at 8am and Derek tried to call Georgia but could not get through as she was with her grandmother, she messaged instead so they knew she was aware of their call.

Georgia- I'm with my grandmother right now will try to call when I get out.

Georgia sat in silence next to her sleeping grandmother, she looked so frail led there. Georgia was sat looking at pictures on her phone when her grandmother started to wake up.

Grammy; Georgia is that you?

Russell; yes Grammy it is. Dr Morgan said you have been asking for me.

Grammy; I have. I just wanted to see how well you are doing for yourself.

Russell; I'm happy Grammy, I am currently working in the states at a top end hospital.

Grammy; are you a nurse?

Georgia frowned; no Grammy I'm a surgeon and a damn good one. I got head hunted by the chief of surgery.

Grammy; that's fantastic, that makes me proud. Anybody special in your life? A husband? Kids?

Russell; no Grammy I'm not getting into this now. That's the whole reason I haven't seen you in such a long time. You disowned me.

Grammy; I'm sorry, It took me a while to accept this and when I did I wasn't sure how to find you. Please believe me, I'm trying.

Russell; okay thank you. In that case I am kinda seeing somebody but not sure what's happening just yet.

Grammy, does she make you happy?

Georgia's heart melted when her grandmother asked her that question

Russell; more than anything.

Georgia and her grandmother spoke for a bit longer before her grandmother's breathing became slow and irregular, the machine started beeping to signal her heartrate slowing until finally she was gone. The doctor switched off the monitor and announced

Morgan; time of death 16.54

An hour later Georgia phoned Arizona

Robbins; hello Dr Russell you are on loud speaker, we have progress with the purchase of the hospital.

Georgia was a bit taken back by Arizona calling her Dr Russell; oh.. yes okay so what has happened?

Shepherd ; Dr Catherine Avery has put in the last of the money needed to buy the hospital, we are all part owners and members of the board but the Avery foundation is the majority holder and they will have their own rep from the foundation to sit on the board.

Russell; okay so who will that be.

Grey; Dr Jackson Avery

Georgia was shocked to hear that

Russell; okay well I will get all my funds over to you right away thank you for updating me. Dr Robbins, Goodbye everybody.

After 5 minutes Arizona messaged Georgia

AR- hey babe, we own a hospital! are you okay you didn't sound yourself. X

Georgia- yeah I'm okay, my grandmother died not long ago. I'm shocked about the harper avery foundation putting in. X

AR- oh I'm so sorry to hear that. Sending you hugs and kisses. X

Georgia- I'm good, now the fun part, wish those were actual hugs and kisses. I'll speak to you tomorrow at some point. X

A month or so later

The funeral had been and gone, it was small but beautiful Georgia didn't know anybody there but they seemed to know all about her.
Georgia had meeting after meeting with the family lawyer about her grandmother's Will. She was exhausted and felt run down but she knew it wasn't over yet. She just wanted to go home where she had her friends around her. She missed her work and mostly she missed Arizona, her dimpled smile, her laugh, everything about her she missed.

Today was Georgia's 36th birthday but she didn't feel up to celebrating she ate at a dodgy take away which made her feel awful so she mainly spent the day in bed at the hotel.

AR- Happy Birthday GiGi. How's your day been so far. We officially own a hospital. We are having a board meeting this morning is there anything you think needs being brought up? X

Georgia- hey no nothing I can think of. Not the best of birthdays, I'm alone, I have a major headache and I'm being sick every 5 minutes, sorry I've got a hard week ahead of me. I'll hopefully be home by the end of the month. X

Georgia's phone began to ring.

Russell; hello.

Robbins; hey what's wrong?

Russell; I ate some dodgy take out and its made me sick, I'm just in a lousy mood. I didn't mean to sound rude.

Robbins; it's fine GiGi, there is nothing worse than being unwell when you are so far away from home.

Russell; and from you. I have a big meeting tomorrow so I'm trying to rest up as much as I can.

Robbins; were you trying to flirt just then Dr Russell?

Russell; maybe trying to a little, haha, how are things with Callie

Robbins; we are being civil, we sign divorce papers in about 3 weeks,

Russell; we can celebrate when I get back. Oh... oh ill call you back I'm going to be sick.

Georgia threw her phone on the bed and ran to the bathroom, Arizona was still on the other end of the phone and could hear her being sick, she decided it best to cut off the call and sent her a message

AR- hey I hope you feel better soon and I hope all goes well with your meeting. I'll update you about the board meeting later on so you make sure you get some rest. X

Georgia took herself to bed. Read the message from Arozona and soon fell asleep for the rest of the evening.

Georgia woke up around 7.30 uk time feeling somewhat better she jumped in the shower and got ready for her meeting with the lawyers, on her way there she started to get that sicky feeling again but put it down to nerves.

Mr Rogers; we have looked over your grandmother's Will and sorted all of her wishes out. She has asked that her house and grounds be sold and all income from it is to go to St ormands street hospital, we are in the process of putting it on the market, and all of her wealth and assets are to be left to you.

Russell; wow I can't say I was expecting that.

Mr Rogers; so jewellery and possessions are all yours, she has stated that you can do with them whatever you want.

Russell; okay thank you. What next?

Mr Rogers; we need your account details so we can transfer your inheritance then you can decide what to do with all the material possessions.

Mr Rogers handed Georgia a copy of the will and handed him her account details,  she glanced over the paper and immediately noticed the number she was inheriting. The equivalent to 0.5billion dollars.

Russell; how much?

Mr Rogers; your grandmother was a wealthy person. This surprises you?

Russell; I haven't spoken to her in over 15 years.

Mr Rogers; well its your lucky day then, thank you very much miss Russell...

They shook hands and Georgia corrected him

Russell; Dr Russell.

She walked out of the office, whilst walking she started to feel really light headed and ended up passing out. Luckily a passers-by caught her before she hit her head on the ground.

Georgia Russellजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें