368 🩺 Times Rlly Do Be Rough

Începe de la început

Glancing up, he saw Mingi's head turn a little towards him from where he'd been gazing out the window at what seemed to be a little bird in the tree. 

And as he glanced down at him, their eyes locked, and Mingi's lips pulled into a small smile - comforting, in that the first thing Yunho had seen that morning, was his soft, encouraging smile...

'Y-you were already awake?' Yunho asked, a little startled by how raw his voice sounded.

Mingi nodded a little into his pillow. 'You can sleep more, if you like,' he said softly, reaching his free arm up and tucking the blankets up cozily around his shoulders.

But Yunho shook his head. Instead, he tilted his head to let his gaze rest upon his face, and breathed through the shock of waking up in someone's arms...

-

Mingi knew he should have felt more jittery to have Yunho literally resting with his head on his chest in his arms, and in his bed.

But for some reason, he didn't. Maybe a very minuscule part of himself was melting down, but the majority seemed to be quite reserved... Perhaps it was because he felt he was only trying to take care of a sad human... Trying to make him feel better again...

That was the only reason he could think of to explain how he had ended up inviting him to his bed, and sleeping beside him the entire night...

'Min-ah... I got into a fight yesterday...'

Surprised by the sudden confession, Mingi glanced across his face, once more seeing the colours stained across his cheek... Colours that looked stronger this morning, than they had last night. 'We can talk about it later, if you want...'

'It's okay... I'm ready...'

'Are you sure?'

He nodded, nibbling a little on his lip.

And so Mingi allowed him all the time in the world, watching the thoughts happening behind those dark sparkling irises.

'Do you remember when I stormed out of theatre that day...? The day you followed me to the bar...'

Images bubbled up inside his head, as clear as if they had happened just yesterday. 'I do.'

Yunho swallowed, letting his eyes drop down to some point over Mingi's chest instead. 'Well... I don't know if you knew, but an audit came about as a result of that day. I hadn't heard anything else, but... I... I saw that doctor again yesterday... And it seems like the Med Council has stripped him of his licence to practise...'

Mingi let out a relieved breath. He had hoped that the system would work in the way it was designed... He'd been so incredibly angry to hear what had happened...

'But... Min-ah... He blames me...'

He was snapped from his ranting thoughts with anger... 'You? But why? What could you have possibly done?'

Yunho scoffed a little spitefully against him, and Mingi thought he saw the upward tilt of his eyelashes as he rolled his eyes...

'I have no clue, but he seemed pretty intent on that it's all my fault. He dragged me into the corridor and... well... yeah... Let's just say I got punched in the face...'

Mingi's heart ached for him. Rolling towards him, he lifted his head to look down at the bruise on his cheek... It was a light blue-purple, marbled across his skin... He'd wondered how he'd gotten it...