335 🩺 A Manly/Family Exchange

A/N: Just slapped this first interaction together after work, because I originally skipped over it 😬 Phat soz

To say Wooyoung was nervous, was an understatement. Thanking god that San had done up the button on his coat, he held an arm around himself self consciously.

'Woo, they're lovely. You don't have to worry.'

'Easy for you to say. I didn't exactly come prepared to meet your family today.'

San pulled his arm around his waist tighter, smiling widely.

'You said your sister's name was Byeol?' he asked nervously.

'Yes~'

'And your parents are retired?'

'Yes~'

Wooyoung took a deep breath, double checking to see if there was anything else he needed to memory check...

But before he could finish his search, San's face suddenly lit up, and led him to the edge of the crowd where four people were standing.

Wait-... Four?!

'San!' Wooyoung whisper shouted. 'Who's the guy?!'

Smiling and waving a little with his full arm of flowers, he answered through his smile, not moving his jaw to make it look like he wasn't actually speaking. 'No clue just smile,' he gritted, and Wooyoung immediately plastered a smile on his face.

'Eoma~!' San cried as they made it to the group. 'Appa, I thought you weren't coming,' he pouted, letting go of his waist to hug his parents.

'We wanted to surprise you,' his mother replied sweetly, wiping tears from her eyes. Dressed in a long flowery skirt and neat black top, she looked very motherly, alongside the man who assumed the typical dad look - ironed shirt tucked into dad jeans and runners, with his grayed hair brushed perhaps a few too many times to look natural.

'Noona~' San said, embracing his sister, who held an uncanny resemblance to both San, and their mother. 'This must be your latest boyfriend?'

The stunning girl smiled widely - her lips painted a beautifully bold shade of red. 'This is Noah. He's from Canada~' she said, smiling smugly.

San raised an eyebrow. 'Hello, Noah,' he said with finesse, making not only Wooyoung want to smirk, but his parents, too. 'Nice of you to come along. I hope you are looking after my sister.'

Wooyoung looked at the guy, perhaps five or so years older than them, and saw him register nothing.

'Yeah... He doesn't speak Korean,' Byeol said, cringing a little visibly.

'Oh,' San said in surprise. 'I see... well... (e) Hi. Thank you come...ing... for...?' he attempted to say in English.

A smile suddenly grew on the guy's face, and out tumbled sentences that seemed to go over San's head.

(e) 'You're very welcome! Your perfor..ce was great! Byeol said that ... and... was great. I ... that your friends are proud~.'