291 🩺 Household Normality

'You're back late, I thought you said the lecture finished earlier?'

Mingi looked up at his roommate as he walked in the door to his apartment. 'Sorry! Yes it did, but I found Yunho and he was literally just about sleep walking, and so I had to drive him home.'

Dropping his stuff at the door, he hurried into the kitchen to where he found San sitting on a stool with Wooyoung on his lap. 'Morning Woo,' he said guiltily as he sat down opposite them. 'I'm sorry I'm late...'

But Wooyoung just smiled widely, shaking his head. 'Do you want a strawberry?' he asked, pushing a sizeable tub of them across the countertop. 'Hongjoong brought like, nine million home a couple nights ago and Sang and I are literally drowning in them.

We have had them for lunch, we've had them for dinner - twice, Sang made strawberry smoothies for breakfast, and guess what we're having for lunch again today.'

Mingi smirked. 'I'm assuming strawberries?'

Wooyoung gagged. 'I don't usually mind them, but I seriously cannot look at another strawberry for minimum ten years. Red used to be my favourite colour too, but now I suddenly have the urge to bin anything red I own.'

Mingi laughed. 'Naw. Did Joong get them for sale?'

Wooyoung rolled his eyes, leaning back in San's lap and putting his arm around his neck. 'No clue. He just really likes strawberries. But despite being twenty six goddamn years old, he still hasn't worked out that he can't eat them all that fast, and they go off.'

Mingi laughed again. 'That's kind of adorable.'

'How about you try living with him then. There's literally nothing else in our fridge. And guess what's in our freezer.'

'Woo babe, take a breath,' San suddenly said as Wooyoung's rosy cheeks turned red in frustration. He wrapped his arms around him, resting his cheek against his shoulder.

And Wooyoung did exactly as told. 'Sorry. I'm just dying for some food. Sannie and I were going to maybe order Thai curry for lunch. Are you going out again Min? Or can you eat with us?'

Mingi's mouth watered at just the thought. 'I can~'

San suddenly laughed, looking him dead in the eyes. 'Min you say that like you aren't dying to order with us. Your pupils are just about in the shape of Massaman beef.'

Wooyoung giggled, slapping him in the chest as Mingi's cheeks flushed.

'Whatever. Maybe I don't like third wheeling.'

Wooyoung's eyes widened sadly, reaching out across the table towards him. 'B-but... Min-ah...'

Mingi gave him a smile, reaching out to squeeze his hands. 'Kidding, Woo,' he said lightly, seeing the disappointment thankfully leave the blonde's face. 'Should we send San down to get lunch, make him walk, and we can do physio?' he asked, shooting San a devilish smirk. They always argued over who was going to be the one to go down and pick up their food.

San pouted. 'You would make me walk down by myself, wouldn't you?'

Wooyoung sat back, rubbing his chest enticingly. 'What's the point of having a handsome, strappingly fit boyfriend, if he can't walk to the end of the street to get lunch for his crippled sweetheart?'

Mingi watched on in amusement as San's pout disappeared, and a look of determination replaced it. 'You are not crippled, but I will gladly do anything if it pleases you,' he said, reaching up and kissing the tip of his nose, incidentally drawing a teeny-tiny little sneeze from the blonde, as well as a giggle as he shaded his shy eyes.

Mingi didn't know whether to cringe, or melt. 'You two are too much. I've never felt so single. I'm going to go and sit with Shiber,' he said, poking his nose up in the air, walking off down the hall to find his physio bands in his room. He could hear the two giggling and bickering, and it melted his heart to see them both so happy.

'Minnie~~~!' he heard Wooyoung call from outside, making him laugh softly at the nickname. He resolved himself, before he ventured back out to face him.

'Sannie is ordering now. Can we start? I finally managed to do that hard exercise you told me to work up to! Do you want to see?!'

Mingi smiled, nodding back at the blonde, and his sparkling eyes.

'Absolutely. Show me what you've got, hun.'

~~~