313 🩺 French Kisses - Sweet And 𝐴𝑑𝑑𝑖𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑣𝑒

A/N: Longer chapter today. Comment and let me know if u'd like me to skip posting tomorrow to give u time to read it without interrupting ur busy lives lmao ~

Scanning their bus cards as they got off the first stop, Yunho's hand tingled where Mingi's had just been. Falling into step as they walked together down the footpath, he was incredibly nervous, but also for once, incredibly at peace.

He wanted nothing more than to entangle their hands back together, but it was proving far more difficult this time for him to obey the three, two, one, countdown in his head, and just do it, like he was telling himself.

'Oh, there's that little finch again~' Mingi suddenly gasped. Gently, he took a hold of Yunho's elbow before pointing over to where there was a tree beside one of the other dorm mailboxes. 'Look~' he breathed.

Breath taken by how beautiful he found Mingi's behaviour, he leant towards him as Mingi pointed. And as he looked down the line of his finger, sure enough, there, in the cover of a bush, was a tiny, black and white bird.

'Do you see?' Mingi breathed.

Yunho couldn't help but smile as he nodded, melting as Mingi squeezed his arm. 'I do,' he said softly, far more mystified by him, than the bird.

Mingi smiled happily, watching as the tiny little bird flew off. 'That bird has a colourful little friend that sits outside my window each morning,' he said gently, still holding his arm as they approached the dorm.

Yunho's heart thudded. 'Do they sing?' he asked, knowing as much about birds as he knew about galaxies and black holes, which was to say, nothing.

Mingi smiled. 'They do. They have such pretty little voices... I haven't paid any attention in so long, but the other morning I just happened to be staring out the window and I saw it... They're so small, yet so happy...'

'Like someone else I know...' Yunho breathed.

And Mingi suddenly laughed. 'You can't possibly mean me, do you?' he asked in disbelief.

Yunho couldn't hide his amused smirk as Mingi's cheeks blushed. 'You know I'm taller than most people, right?'

'Well you're still smaller than me.'

'By a tiny bit.'

'But yet still smaller.'

Mingi's laughter turned to shy giggles as he dug through his pockets for his keys. Walking up the path to their dorm, he put the key in the lock and turned it, letting the door swing open.

But while he was focussed on letting them inside, Yunho was suddenly devastated by the space between them. He could still smell Mingi's scent that had seeped into his own coat, and could feel the ghost of his touch, but it wasn't enough... His heart was so warmed by him that he wanted badly to feel more...

'Min-ah,' he breathed. And something must have stuck out about the way he said it, since Mingi's glance rose almost immediately, eyes searching his expression and lips slightly parting...

Those lips... So rosy and soft...

He'd kissed them once before... twice before...

So perfect...

Before he knew it, he was reaching forward and letting his hands embed in the fabric on Mingi's waist, melting as he felt his skin beneath it. And as he stepped closer, their noses feathered against one another...