258 🩺 CRYING I CAN'T

Pulling out of the car park, Yunho hadn't realised it was raining heavily outside. His windows fogged up badly, forcing him to park temporarily and wait for the de-mister to clear the windscreen. But as he did, he noticed a person standing alone at the bus terminal, hugging themselves tightly to ward off the cold.

Recognising that familiar head of dark hair and dark rimmed glasses, Yunho felt his heart flutter.

Winding his window down a little, he didn't hesitate. 'Mingi!'

The boy turned around, glancing through the rain until his eyes fell upon the car...

'Min,' Yunho breathed, too quiet for it to be heard. 'Mingi get in! You're going to get drenched!'

He saw Mingi bite his lip, shaking his head. 'It's okay...'

Yunho felt awful for the fact that he would rather stand in the rain, than breathe the same air as him...

'Mingi get in. You're going to get sick,' he begged. 'I won't talk... I promise...' It hurt to say, but the moment he saw a gust of wind blow the rain in under the shelter, it didn't matter whether he had to promise not to ever speak again. When Mingi gave in, hurrying over to the car and getting in out of the cold, it was worth it.

As Mingi buckled his seatbelt and attempted to wipe the raindrops from the door, he shivered a little, and Yunho didn't even think as he turned up the heating for him. But as he leant forward, he was suddenly dizzied by a strong scent that took over his senses...

Mingi's scent.

Although he'd certainly noticed it before, it was stronger than ever, and it caused his stomach to fill with butterflies... It had never been so potent before... so intoxicating... could it have been the rain making it more intense...?

Yunho took his cleaning cloth from the center console and began wiping the fog from the windscreen to distract himself from the hazy cloud taking over his senses, as well as the incredible yearning he felt to speak to him...

Don't talk... I promised him...

Sealing his lips shut, he put away his cloth and indicated before pulling out and heading into the traffic. He kept his eyes on the road, not speaking a word. Instead, he just breathed in that sweet smell taking over every inch of the car, and let a strange calm fulfil him. It felt warming, and comforting to be with him...

But not nearly as comforting as the feeling that washed over him as Mingi's gentle voice spoke, breaking the silence between them. 'You didn't have to...'

Yunho nodded. Completely caught up in the way it sounded to have Mingi sound so gentle; unlike their last cold encounters; he found himself yearning to hear more...

Ding.
Ding.

Simultaneously, both of their phones chimed with notifications, breaking the moment. Yunho saw in his peripherals as Mingi frowned, taking his phone from his bag and glancing over the message. It made Yunho curious as to what it was. But the moment he saw Mingi's eyes widen, and his head snap to look at him, he had a fairly bloody good idea what it was about...