229 🩺 Night Match

Yunho didn't know why he was so nervous.

Walking up to the bio building from the car park, hands in pockets, his pulse was screaming far faster than necessary and reverberating in his ears. It was a heated, slightly sick inducing feeling that was making his palms sweaty. But what was more, he was scared.

Scared of how he would find him.

It had been five days since he'd left Mingi in his room to rest.

Being flogged on shifts - no doubt the director using it as his own way at getting him back - Yunho hadn't had a single chance to check up on him in person...

But the time to see him was now.

Rounding the corner, through the dark, he could see a figure in a long navy coat with his back to him, gazing up at the night sky. He wandered aimlessly a little, bathing in the moonlight, and Yunho suddenly felt both incredibly relieved, and incredibly nervous, all at once.

Walking up behind him, he hadn't realised how eager he was to see him...

'Min-ah.'

Mingi turned around, his eyes behind glasses with round black frames sparkling and a smile growing on his face. 'Yun-ah.' Holding two coffees in his hands, he held one out to him, his ring glinting in the moonlight. 'Black, one sugar. Just like last time.'

Yunho felt a zap as Mingi's gentle hand touched his skin passing him the paper coffee cup. 'Thank you.'

Mingi gave him a kind smile. 'How was work?'

But Yunho shook his head. 'First things must always come first.' Stepping up to him, enough for Yunho to notice how Mingi visibly spooked for a moment, Yunho ignored it, more concerned about something else... 'Does it hurt...?'

Reaching up, he brushed his hair away, raising a little onto his toes to see better, despite already being just that little bit taller.

'Not at all~.'

And to Yunho's immense relief, he found that Mingi had been telling the truth when he said that it had already healed. 'It's healed beautifully,' Yunho breathed in relief. Brushing his thumb over the tiny straight line that had half scabbed away leaving a tiny light pink line, Yunho felt his entire body relax.

'It did, right? I must have had a good doctor.' Mingi's lips pulled into a small teasing smirk, before his lips gave in and widened into a smile.

And it was contagious.

Yunho found himself smiling back, in a way that felt almost unnatural. 'I wonder who it was,' he said, almost amazed at how easy it had been to tease back...

And Mingi laughed softly, blinking slowly. 'Sorry, but I can't tell you that. I'm keeping him to myself.'

A few moment passed, smirks on their faces, before they both cracked, soft laugher filling the air between them. Completely relaxed, Yunho felt his tension leave him. Letting his hair fall back down over his forehead, he hadn't meant to let his fingers trail down his cheek before dropping his hand. But it was enough to make him feel like he was falling for a moment; his stomach leaping up into his ribs...

'Have you been taking the supplements?' he asked, distracting himself.

And Mingi laughed, rolling his eyes. 'Yun-ah, you're still in doctor mode.' Putting one hand on his shoulder, he shook him back and forth a little. 'I'd like the casual Yunho please. Is he home?'

He laughed, reminded of just how much he could never predict anything that would come out of Mingi's mouth. He felt his resolve slipping, and under the gaze of those warm, dark eyes, he finally cracked.