256 🩺 I'd Be Pissed Too Tbh

An adrenaline induced chatter encased the Emergency Room as patients and staff alike helped clean up the mess caused by the commotion.

Sitting on a chair in the nurses station with an ice pack over his freshly dressed wound, and sucking on a green pain whistle for relief, Yunho was rapidly getting the shits.

And the moment an uncomfortable silence washed over the ER, Yunho glanced up to see a man in a suit walk in through the staff double doors: the Secretary.

'Dr. Cha,' he said sternly. 'Please come with me.'

Yunho saw his preceptor's nervous expression before she was led out the staff doors.

But the moment they swung shut, Yunho felt instantly irate. He could hear the man yelling at her. And not only could he and the other staff and patients hear, but they could see too, thanks to the small rectangular windows in the doors.

Yunho couldn't sit and witness the doctor being ridiculed and embarrassed in front of her patients and colleagues. Not after what they had just all been through.

Standing up, he threw down his ice pack with enough irritation to catch everyone's attention. He took a massive inhalation on his whistle, deciding to take it with him as he stormed out of the nurses station. Picking up his bloodied white coat and destroyed shirt they'd had to cut off of him, he was fuming.

Scanning his badge at the staff doors, he pushed them open harshly and strode straight up to the two. Dr. Cha looked so tiny as she innocently took the abuse from the Secretary, who for some reason appeared irate.

But not nearly as irate as Yunho.

'This does not concern you, student. Get out.'

Yunho laughed spitefully. Taking another puff from his green whistle, he narrowed his eyes, before suddenly throwing his bloodied and destroyed clothes at him and his pristine suit.

And seeing the disgusted look on the Secretary's face as he looked down at the destroyed clothes in his arms, Yunho exploded.

'The fuck?! This has "nothing to do with me?" What the fuck do you mean this has "nothing to do with me?!" This has everything to do with everyone!'

The veins in his neck popped as his anger peaked, causing him a sharp stabbing pain to tear through his neck. He took a long puff of the whistle, before stepping forward and taking Dr. Cha's wrist and pulling her back away from the man.

'Tell me something, Mr. I sat in my office on my ass and did nothing while we were being attacked. Why the fuck didn't the staff duress work?'

The Secretary threw Yunho's bloodied clothes on the ground and stepped up to him, trying to talk down to him. 'I'll ask you to stop with your inappropriate language.'

Yunho stepped up also. 'And I'll ask you why in the fuck the staff duress doesn't work! What the fuck is the point in having a duress bell when it doesn't fucking work? What, is it too expensive to get the fucking thing checked?! Is it just for looking at?! Why the fuck would you put an entire staff full of young women on the emergency roster for a Friday night when there's a festival going on which we know from prior years that incidents in the emergency room are increased?!

The Odd Doctor Out | A Drama | S. 2On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara