251 🩺 Twenty-Two Hours

Finally finished with his conference call, Hongjoong took his earphones out and groaned, stretching as high up as he could get and yawning.

(A/N: how many of u yawned reading that? Because every time I read it, I yawn lol)
( ̄◇ ̄;)

Rolling back from his desk, he glanced outside the hallway. But upon realising that the dim orange glow from his room was the only light on in the apartment, he frowned.

Glancing at the clock he stood up and wandered outside.

Ten-oh-five...

Popping his head into the living room, he could see a pile of things dumped next to the door, and realised he must have missed Yeosang coming home.

Wandering into the kitchen, he poured himself a glass of water, finishing it and then re-pouring in order to bring it with him. Making his way back down the hall with his water, he walked past Wooyoung's room, poking his head into Yeosang's...

Empty.

Frowning, Hongjoong back-peddled a few steps, poking his head into Wooyoung's room.

And fair enough there, were two blonde heads of hair only just poking out from under the blankets.

Sighing happily, Hongjoong felt his chest warm. After so long with those two being on eggshells around each other, finally, they seemed like they were back to normal.

Except now, it seemed that they had come out closer than before.

Sighing, Hongjoong used his foot to slide a jumper that had been sitting on the floor, across until it acted as a door stop. Leaving their door half shut to keep the light out, he ventured back to his room.

Sipping from his water, he placed the glass on his bedside table, picked up his phone and collapsed onto his bed.

Sorting through notifications, he let out a pained sigh as he saw a notification reminder to pay his mother's medical bills. In a moment of weakness, he found himself going to his contacts and finding her number... Hesitating for only a moment, he tapped on the number.

But no dial tone sounded.

'The person you are calling, is not available to be reached from this number...'

Blocked.

Rolling his eyes at himself, Hongjoong sighed. Why did I think it would be any different this time?

Groaning, he rolled over, reaching across to his lamp and switching it off. Tucking himself into bed, he picked up his phone, but instead of calling someone who wasn't interested in hearing his voice, he found himself dialling Seonghwa's number.

Refreshingly, he picked up on only the third dial tone.

'Hey baby? Why are you not asleep?'

Hongjoong smiled in the dark, melting at the pet name. 'I could ask you the same thing,' he said softly.

He heard Seonghwa's soft chuckle drift through the phone and his hair ruffling against his pillow, before he sighed. 'Is it cringe if I say I miss you?'

Hongjoong laughed. 'Yes.'

Wriggling his toes and biting at his lips, Hongjoong couldn't help the happiness that bubbled up inside him. 'But I miss you too, so it's fine. The cringe cancels itself out.'

Seonghwa laughed. 'Two negatives make a positive?'

'Are you saying it's a bad thing if we miss each other?!' Hongjoong gasped, feigning shock.