314 🩺 Caught Red Handed

A/N: Apologising in advance. 🙏  It is a soap opera tho, so I'm only half sorry :/

'Hyung-ah! We're out of milk!'

Yeosang looked up from where he was sitting in Hongjoong's room at his desk, reading a textbook. Glancing at the time, he saw that it was just past seven pm.

Sighing, he shoved a pen in the book to keep his page and closed the cover, before wandering out into the living room.

He found Wooyoung standing in front of a bowl of already poured cereal, looking longingly at the last five or so mills of milk in the bottom of the bottle.

He looked up with his smokey eyes looking incredibly doe-like; such an innocent sadness in them that Yeosang's heart melted.

'Naw sweetie,' he cooed, walking up and wrapping his arms around him.

'B-b-but... I was so excited to eat this...'

Yeosang chuckled a little as his chest warmed. 'Should we go get Woo some milk?'

He pouted, putting the bottle on the counter before turning in his arms and hugging him back.  'It's already dark and late and cold. I'll just have to eat something else,' he said, pouting.

Yeosang's heart ached for him. 'It's not too late~. How about if we go pick Joong Hyung up from work and go shopping on our way home?'

Wooyoung leant back to look at him, and the sparkle in his eyes was adorable. 'C...can we? We hardly ever go out at night...'

Yeosang smiled. 'Kinda reminds you of when we first moved in, right?'

Nostalgia rolled over Yeosang of the days they had done their groceries at night, sometimes even going on a drive to gaze out at the city lights.

Wooyoung smiled widely, nodding like a small child. 'I miss those days,' he breathed wistfully, seeming to gaze off to a time and place years in the past.

Yeosang hugged him tighter, nodding. 'So do I, hun.' Those were times that were less stressful... More colourful... Less raught with the stress and pain of things that had happened in the past six months...

'Should I ring Hyung and see if he's still getting off work at eight?' Wooyoung asked; his voice tinkering and filled with excitement.

Yeosang smiled, reaching up and ruffling his hair. 'Don't worry, hun. I'll do it. You go grab your coat.'

Wooyoung's lips pulled into a magnificent smile. 'Okay~. I'll get Hyung-ah's too!'

Yeosang melted. 'Thank you, sweetie.'

~~~

As Yeosang pulled into the mall parking lot, he couldn't help but smile.

Wooyoung was asking Hongjoong all sorts of questions about his day, even going as far to ask him to explain certain things that he usually would have let fly over his head. And Hongjoong's joyous voice gave away how happy he was that the blonde was bombarding him with questions and interested in his day.

Parking the car, Wooyoung was the first to jump out and hurry around to get the bags from the boot.

And as the elders more slowly followed, Hongjoong nudged Yeosang as they pulled their coats on.

'Sang-ah, did I miss something? Why is Woo so excited tonight?' he asked softly, wrapping a scarf around his neck.

Shoving his phone and wallet in his back pocket, Yeosang shrugged. 'No clue. I think he really wanted to eat cereal,' he laughed quietly. 'Either that or he's feeling nostalgic.'