209 🩺 There Has Been A Spotting

As Mingi walked up to the coffee cart, he didn't even need to say anything before Sejun started making his usual coffee; a kind smile on his face.

But as he waited for the machine to do its thing, he glanced up at Mingi, a concerned look on his face. 'Hey... You know that friend I met the other morning at your place?'

Mingi frowned, confused as to why he would bring that god-awkward moment up. How could he forget? 'Yeah, of course. Why?'

'Well I just... You said you were friends, or your roommate was friends with him or something. Anyways. That's not the point... It's just... I saw him just about half an hour ago... He didn't look too good...'

Mingi felt a pained breath deflate his lungs. 'Yeah... He's not having a particularly easy time lately...' With no one behind him in line, as Sejun passed him his coffee, he stepped out from behind the cart and leant against the wall next to Mingi, their arms touching.

'You don't look like you're having the best day either... Are you okay?'

Mingi glanced at Sejun, considering his caring gaze for a moment before giving him a soft smile. 'I'm okay. Just tired. I didn't get much sleep last night.'

'Work?'

Mingi shook his head. 'No... I was just out late...'

Abruptly, without any warning, Sejun suddenly leant forward and pressed his lips against his cheek, soft and gentle and tender.

Surprised, he turned his head to look at him, and saw that he looked more concerned than anything else. 'What was that for?'

He pursed his lips together a little, slightly shrugging. 'I thought it would be easier to show than tell.' He rubbed his shoulder gently. 'I guess I just wanted you to know that you're not alone. I can see something is upsetting you... You look more reserved today.'

Mingi tenderly raised his coffee cup to his lips and took a sip, before gently running his tongue over his lips.

I'm not alone, I'm just hurt... 'Thank you, Sejun.'

As he looked up, their eyes caught, and although no words were being spoken, Mingi felt like a thousand tales were being told about where they both stood.

But amongst those, Mingi wondered how many of the tales his own eyes were telling were being accurately interpreted. Because when he looked into Sejun's, he could see so plainly a genuine affection and care that although Mingi definitely felt the same, he wasn't quite sure to what level he could reciprocate...

And then someone was stepping up to the cart, and Sejun had to go. 'I'll text you later,' Sejun said softly,  gently brushing the inside of MIngi's wrist with his fingertips, before stepping back.

'Okay... talk to you then...'

And with that, Sejun went back to work.

And Mingi was left to pull his coat on tighter and make his way to the bus, wondering whether he was getting into something he didn't particularly want to be in...

~~~