307 🩺 Sorely Missed

Yeosang sat on his bed, holding his phone in his hands and staring at it. It was open to his and Jongho's texts, and there was only one word typed into the message bar...

Yeosang
Heya~|

He wanted so badly to send it... God, he missed him so much...

But they'd known that they would be busy, before they had gotten into a relationship. He should have known that he would hurt... That things couldn't always happen as he wanted them to...

But was that really what was making him so upset?

Heya~|
Heya|
Hey|

He stared at his message, feeling his chest ache as he realised for some reason or other, he couldn't bring himself to send the original text...

It was only a squiggle and a letter, but it felt entirely different...

He|
H|
|
Hi|

Yeosang felt like crying. He just wanted to crawl into Jongho's arms and nuzzle his cheek into his chest. He wanted to breathe in his scent deep into his lungs, and feel his arms wrap around him...

He missed him so badly...

But Jongho felt like a lifetime away...

Yeosang
Hi

He blinked his eyes shut and felt hot tears slip down his cheeks.

A few seconds passed, and a seen popped up under his message.

But when no typing bubble popped up, Yeosang felt his chest ache.

Yeosang
I was going to work on my paper at uni today...
Did u maybe want to come with me?

He stared as his message remained unread. Jongho had left his message, without even responding.

It hurt so much, and Yeosang couldn't take it.

Switching his phone off, he tossed it to the end of his bed and hugged his knees to his chest, letting tears slip down his cheeks.

But just at that moment, Hongjoong poked his head into his room. He instantly read the room - his expression filling with empathy.

'Oh Sang-ah...' he breathed. Coming inside, he crawled up across his bed until he sat beside him, putting an arm around his shoulders and hugging him tightly against his chest.

'He won't see me,' Yeosang choked as his tears soaked into his Hyung's shirt.

'Your boyfriend?' he asked softly, using one hand to brush his fingers through his hair, and the other to wrap encompassingly around his shoulders.

'Mhm,' he choked, squeezing his eyes shut. 'He doesn't want to talk to me.'

'Awww, hun,' he whispered, hugging him with both his arms tightly. 'I'm sure he's just really busy.'

Yeosang felt more hot tears spill down his cheeks and into his shirt. 'But... I miss him...'

'Aww I know, Sang. Of course you miss him, darl.'

Yeosang squeezed his eyes shut, letting himself meld into his embrace. 'I remember why I never liked dating now,' he whispered, letting his knees fall into Hongjoong's lap and his hands to grasp at the fabric of his shirt.

Hongjoong let out a soft breath. 'It's hard. But you have to work together to make it work.'

'What if he's already working hard on his uni...?' he whimpered, not really wanting to know the answer.

But instead of crushing his heart, Hongjoong just placed a delicate peck on the top of his head and rubbed his shoulders comfortingly. 'Then when the time comes, you will be together,' he said simply.

And as much as it hurt, he suddenly felt somehow marginally better. The thought of one day being able to be with him unconditionally, made his heart warm, and slowed his stream of tears...

'Hyung... Do you think he thinks about me?' he asked softly.

Hongjoong laughed softly, stroking back his hair. 'Sang, I'm sure he thinks about you every night, when he finishes his studies super late and is almost asleep the moment his head hits the pillow. I bet he wishes he could send you a goodnight text, but doesn't want to wake you, and I bet he would reply every moment he had, if he wasn't scared that he might get distracted.'

Yeosang bit his lip gently, glancing up at him. 'You think so?'

Hongjoong gave him a warm smile, resting his forehead down against his and nuzzling in close. 'I do think so. There's only a few more weeks of exams. I'm sure he will spend every moment of his break with you.'

'You're lying,' Yeosang said, laughing a little and choking on his tears. 'You're just trying to make me feel better.'

Hongjoong gave him a small smile. 'If he loves you, Sang, then he will.'

'A-and... if he doesn't...?'

Hongjoong gently brushed his cheeks, pursing his lips a little.

'Then do you want to suffer for someone who doesn't love you, nearly as much as you love them?'

~~~