216 🩺 Man Down

Mingi was exhausted, and it was only five hours into his shift. He'd been running around all morning doing little jobs to help the doctors and nurses keep up with the heavy workload they'd been slapped with, but despite having got a full eight hours sleep last night, he was wrecked.

Walking whilst holding onto the wall, he slipped his fingertips along the handrail as he went.

'Mingi, I'm so sorry, but can you please help me for a moment?'

Mingi turned around to see a young nurse his age struggling with two dressing trolleys and an armful of IV bags that she was almost dropping.

'Of course,' Mingi said, hurriedly taking the heavy IV bags from her. 'Where are we headed?'

'The store room,' she replied, her voice overflowing with thankfulness.

Taking one of the trolleys as well, Mingi let the nurse lead the way and use her tag to buzz the door open. Helping her put away the IV bags however, Mingi could feel exhaustion getting to him...

And then suddenly he felt a wave of dizziness hit.

'Are you okay?' the nurse asked, turning to him as he held onto one of the sheves for balance.

Shaking his head, Mingi suddenly felt his head become light as his vision glazed over with black and red and a million tiny little stars. His body became heavy, his ears started whooshing, a heat wave tore through him and suddenly, before he knew it, he was falling.

Only vaguely feeling the nurse trying to stop him from falling, and faintly hearing her screaming out for help, the last thing he felt was his vision going black, followed by a sharp excruciating pain in his temple. The last thing he heard, was an army of people hurrying down the halls towards him followed by fading voices each as worried as the last.

'Can you hear me?'

'Mingi, can you hear me?'

'Cᵃⁿ ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵉᵃʳ ᵐᵉˀ'

Everything went black.

~~~