358 🩺 Heartfelt Admissions & Paper Hats

Filing out of the exam hall, hundreds upon hundreds of students spilled into the courtyard, and disappeared into the buildings and corridors surrounding them.

Carrying his messenger bag, Yunho took his phone out from inside it and held the power button, turning it on. He would have liked to claim that he was more interested in turning on his phone and checking through his missed notifications, but alas, what he was really more preoccupied with, was spotting a certain head of dark brown hair in the crowds...

Making his way lazily towards the med building, he couldn't help looking up from his phone every two seconds and scanning the crowds...

But as he made it further and further out of the thick of it, he began to feel a disappointed twang that maybe, he'd missed him...

Until suddenly, a tender, soft, delicate hand wove itself into the inside of his elbow, weaving his arm gently into his.

Looking up, distracted by the touch and slightly taken aback, he had recognised the hand, before he even saw his face.

'Min-ah,' he breathed, before his eyes even met his.

The boy smiled, squeezing his arm. 'How'd you go on the exam?'

'Fine... You?'

He watched as Mingi bit gently into his lip, evaluating himself. 'I guess okay... I had a mind blank half way through...'

Yunho felt his lips pull into a smile, melted by just the mere way his words fell from his lips. Biting into his lips to keep his smile from growing, he nudged him gently, loving the way it made him giggle a little in surprise as they walked. 'I'm sure you did fine. You studied really hard.'

He felt Mingi squeeze his arm again, and saw the way his smile escaped him seemingly without even thinking about it. It made him feel incredibly happy... relieved, even, that he could experience those things, after thinking he'd missed out...

Memories of last night flooded his memory, and although he still couldn't believe he'd said so much, he had woken up that morning without a single regret.

Instead, it felt kind of a relief to be able to stand next to him, and know that all his imperfections were pre-disclosed, all of his worries and his doubts and his concerns... They were all on the table.

And Mingi was still here, right by his side, because he chose to be...

'Yun-ah~.'

He looked across at him, staring into his almost too-dark eyes. 'Mmm?'

'I'm curious... What are you going to do on your break?'

He frowned, confused. 'Once I finish exams and placement?'

He nodded, intently listening to him.

'I don't know... I haven't really thought about it... Usually I just help out around my parents' clinic... Why?'

He shrugged, staring off down the corridor. 'I don't know. I guess I just wondered what you do with your free time.'

'Well that's simple. I study and I work for my parents, and when I get sick of the above and can't take it anymore, I text San and we go to the pub. It's a vicious cycle.'

Mingi turned to look at him with a shocked expression. 'You don't do anything special?'

He frowned. 'Like what?'

'I don't know... Like... going sightseeing or watching movies or... I don't know, I guess everything in between those...'

He shook his head slowly, thinking about it. 'Should I be doing those things?'