225 🩺 Opening Up

'J-just sit... Ya! Stop dragging your feet and just- aishh...'

Yeosang laughed as Wooyoung dragged him into his room and sat him down on his bed. 'What now~? I was just reading my book!' he complained, albeit only half heartedly.

'You are absolutely hopeless. Stop complaining and sit.' Sucking in a huff, Wooyoung ran a hand through his hair, collecting himself. 'Sang, I need to show you something, and I don't want you to get mad...'

I don't want you to get mad...

Yeosang's eyes suddenly widened, his playfulness evaporating within an instant, being replaced by intense nerves and worry. 'Oh no... Woo...' He wasn't even sure he wanted to know. 'What did you do...?'

Watching through terrified eyes, Yeosang stared at his brother who was biting his lip nervously, avoiding his gaze. Pulling at the pastel blue sleeves on his slightly cropped knitted sweater, he fidgeted uncomfortably. 'Sangie... I... umm...' But as he couldn't seem to find the words that he wanted, he became increasingly more frustrated with himself, groaning as he pouted angrily.

And as much as Yeosang wanted to be supportive, any conversations that started with don't get mad, were conversations that Yeosang dreaded...

'Wooyoung, you're scaring me. Please stop stalling and spit out whatever it is, before I have a melt down.' Heart beating a million miles an hour in his chest, Yeosang felt like he couldn't cope with much more...

But as his panic rose, Wooyoung's frustrated, sparkling doe eyes looked up, confused for a moment, before understanding glazed over them. He hurried up to his side and took his shoulders in his hands, shaking his head with conviction. 'No~,' he countered. 'I didn't do anything! .....Or at least nothing that you don't already know about... I promise!'

His eyes were filled with conviction, and through it, shone the truth. It made Yeosang's heart relax, his pulse calming down.

And so he breathed in a slow, long breath of  relief. Calming his anxious mind, he reached out and put his hands on his brother's waist, trying to hold him still as he saw his anxiety start to bubble to the surface. 'Okay hun. Okay that's good. I'm not panicking anymore,' he said softly, heaving another sigh of humongous relief. 'Okay hun, so you want to tell me something els-'

'Yes,' he interrupted, clearly eager. 'But it's... it's a little... umm...' Wooyoung bit his lip, his shoulders shimmying a little in frustration as he squeezed his eyes shut for a moment. And with his cheeks beginning to flare with a dusting of rosy tint, he looked like he was trying hard to get something out, but was being stopped by something...

He's embarrassed...

Yeosang's heart ached. 'Woo baby, it's okay. Hyung is sorry I panicked, alright?But we've been through the wars, but I meant it when I told you I always going to listen to you, and try to understand you. Okay? I promise you can tell me. I promise...' Rubbing at his sides, he tried to duck his head around to see into his brother's shaded eyes. 'Woo... you know you can tell me anything, right?'

But still, Wooyoung hid his shy eyes, avoiding meeting his gaze as he bit his lip and picked at his knit sleeves. 'Mhm, I know... but...'

Yeosang felt his heart ache for him. 'Naw hun, what is it? Can you tell Hyung-ah what's wrong? Please?'

Wooyoung pouted, letting himself be pulled closer into Yeosang's arms. 'Nothing's wrong, exactly...' He mumbled, looking down over his shoulder to avoid Yeosang's eyes, and hiding away his shyness.