203 🩺 Relief

By the time news of what had happened reached San, it was far too late.

Calling and calling Yunho, San became increasingly worried about him. Having heard nothing other than what Seonghwa had said about the hospital gossip already having reached him, all San could imagine was Yunho flying into a rage, and god only knew what he would do when he was that angry...

Having bussed to the hospital and search everywhere, he caught an uber straight to uni to see if he had escaped there. He sorely doubted he would have gone home, but with him not answering his calls, San was fucked if he knew where he'd go.

... Until he remembered the bar.

It hadn't taken long for him to make it to the Northern. It wasn't busy for a weeknight, and the moment he opened the door, his eyes immediately shot to their usual seats. And there he was.

But there was someone else in San's usual seat.

Mingi

Min had Yunho collapsed in his arms, shading away onlookers with Yunho's coat over them. San could see Yunho's back shaking a little as he leant into Mingi's chest... Crying.

Relaxing against the door, San took a few intense, deeply relieved breaths, watching the two. Mingi rested the side of his head against Yunho's, his eyes closed, and only just peeking out from beneath that coat, he could see Yunho clutching onto his shirt - a small but grand gesture showing just how much he needed Mingi in that moment.

He's okay, he thought, resting his head back against the wall beside the door. He's okay, he repeated again, such intense relief tearing through his body that his eyes burned.

Glancing at the bar, somehow, his eyes met with the bartender, and they exchanged a knowing glance. San could just tell that the guy was worried. Even the bartender could tell that this time, it was different.

And from that, along with everything else, San could tell that Yunho was proper broken this time.

But as the tender nodded as if to say he's doing okay, San felt his whole body relax.

Mingi is looking after him.

And taking a deep breath, San couldn't believe how much he loved Mingi in that moment.

Min is with him.

And they will be okay.

~~~