266 🩺 Whoopsie Daisy

'Okay guys, good job. We'll leave class there. Don't forget to keep working on your last literature reviews, and keep working on your recitals. You're on the home stretch now~.'

'Thank you, Sonsaengnim,' came the eager voices of an audience of art majors, all already almost out the door, eager to get home. Having just had a two hour dance class, everyone descended the stairs and began filing out of the studio auditorium.

But in no rush to run home and work more on his essay, San took his time putting away his notes and retrieving his water bottle.

'Don't forget we have class again tomorrow!' called the teacher after his students, before he began to gather his own belongings. 'See you tomorrow, San,' he said, as he began to walk out past him towards the door.

San nodded, not having realised that he was the last student left. 'Thank you for class, Kyusunnim,' he replied kindly, bowing a little despite sitting down on the stage.

Left alone in the practice hall, he sighed. 'I don't wanna go home and study,' he complained to the space around him, closing his eyes and sighing.

'Then how about you come home with me, and do something else?'

San's eyes snapped open, turning around and swinging his legs off the edge of the stage to see who had spoken.

And there, standing against the wall in the audience, was Wooyoung, smiling up at him sweetly.

In jeans, his signature baby blue sweater and a coat that San was starting to suspect he had stolen from his brother, Wooyoung looked beautiful, and as he wandered up to stand before him, standing between his thighs, he lifted his arms up and rested them over his shoulders, smiling up at him. 'I watched you dance,' he said softly, eyes sparkling.

San felt surprise wash over him as he wrapped his arms around his waist. 'Really?'

'Ay, of course! I waved a few times, but you were so focussed you didn't even notice. In fact no one noticed to be honest.' He pouted like it had hurt his feelings.

And San felt awful. 'Aww kitten I'm sorry! I promise I would have waved a million times if I'd seen you.'

Wooyoung giggled, rolling his eyes. 'Once would have sufficed. Evidently zero sufficed as well,' he said, smirking.

Smiling down at him, San leant forward, wanting badly to press his lips against his...

But just in that moment, the door to the hall suddenly swung open, and as it spooked the both of them, San suddenly felt his chest tighten with anxiety as Kai walked in...

San felt his eyes widen as he'd been caught red handed, freezing, and Kai's eyes widened equally in shock.

And between the two, Wooyoung glanced between them. Apparently catching on, he slowly backed out of his arms, causing San's heart to ache.

'Uh, I just left my phone...' Kai said slowly, narrowing his eyes and glancing between the two.

Rubbing his neck awkwardly, San glanced down at Wooyoung who was biting his lip, looking guilty as though he'd done something wrong.

But he hadn't, and the intense urge to make him smile again was so great, that San couldn't take it any more. 'Woo babe, come here,' he whispered, reaching out a hand as his heart began to hammer in his chest from nerves.

Very slowly and very cautiously, Wooyoung eased back towards him, standing to his side this time, far less personally than before...

But taking a deep breath, San put his arm around his waist and pulled him against him, causing Wooyoung's eyes to widen into almost perfect circles. San gave him a small, comforting nod, before he bit the bullet, and looked up to face his friend.