230 🩺 Futsal Shenanigans

The oval held memories that Yunho's chest ached to relive; not a pain, but a certain type of happiness that he'd never experienced before. And so walking along the edge of the grass in the dark under the stars, he gazed deep into the oval where they had studied once before, and smiled contentedly...

'Where is everyone?

Yunho looked around, not having even realised they were alone. 'Probably studying for finals?'

He turned to see Mingi glance at him, his little stud glinted in the night causing his breath to catch... Staring, mystified for a moment, he literally flinched as Mingi suddenly gasped, spooking him from his concentration...

'Oh look!' A childishly excited expression came to rest on Mingi's face as he jogged across the oval a little, careful to hold his coffee upright. At first, Yunho had no idea what he was doing. But after a few moments, he noticed that he'd found a soccer ball. Dribbling it a little with his feet, he kicked it towards Yunho, a fairly straight shot which only had him jogging a few steps to stop it from rolling away.

Clumsily trying to keep the ball at his feet, Yunho laughed, once again not recognising himself or what he was doing, at all. He held his coffee upright and slightly away from himself just in case, and tried not to be distracted from his task by his ineptitude.

Getting the ball under control and letting it sit stationary on the ground at his feet, he glanced up to find Mingi. But as he did, he realised he was waiting for him to kick it back, which made Yunho laugh. 'You're kidding, right?'

Mingi smiled widely, his teeth and gums showing and shining in the dark. 'I haven't played in ages. San and Hwa were both old and lazy, so I never played in high school.'

Yunho laughed, feeling his chest relax. Taking a deep breath, he kicked it bad, quite badly, and called out an apology as he watched Mingi laughing as he jogged to catch up with it.

'You're horrible at this,' he laughed, dribbling the ball between his feet as he brought it back. He paused for a moment while he sipped his coffee, before smiling up at him with a slightly teasing expression upon his face.

And Yunho sharply exhaled in surprise. 'Did you just insult my sportsmanship?'

'No~. Just your skill. Or lack thereof.' He gave him an overly innocent smile, his eyes sparkling through the dark.

And Yunho laughed. 'Wow I didn't realise you were so mean.'

'I have my moments~.' Taking another sip of his coffee, he leant down and placed the paper mug on the ground, taking a few attempts at finding flat ground before it stayed upright. He then jogged over to Yunho and took his forearms in his hands. 'Drink,' he said with a sense of excitement and adventure in his voice as he guided his hand up with the coffee.

And Yunho laughed. 'Why?' he managed to ask through his laughter. Giving in, he took a small sip before feeling Mingi let his arms down. He then took his coffee from him, placing it on the ground carefully, and dragged him away.

Yunho couldn't stop laughing. 'What are we doing?' he asked, letting himself be pulled across the oval.

'I bet you I can beat you at soccer,' he finally said, kicking the ball forward as they reached it, and away from their coffees. Dragging them further away into the middle of the oval, his voice was light and full of playfulness and joy.

And it made Yunho's entire body feel as though he were floating on air. 'I have no doubt that you can,' he replied, rejoicing a little at the surprised laugh that escaped Mingi.

'Last to ten forages for dinner?'

Yunho laughed. 'What, are we cavemen now?'

Mingi rolled his eyes. 'Deal?'

And gazing into those sparkling eyes in the night, even though he was sure to loose, how could he say anything else?

'Deal.'

~~~

A/N: Omg sorry guys, I spent some time in a remote area without any signal. I'll edit a few chapters now for u :)