276 🩺 Homesick

'Wooyoung?'

Turning around from his desk, Wooyoung glanced at one of the new employees who was standing at the door to the front office. 'Yes?'

'There's someone asking for you.'

Frowning, Wooyoung swivelled around in his seat and stood up, a little confused as to why the girl looked so unsure... 'Who?' he asked curiously.

'Who else would it be?' Margaret suddenly said from the cubicle beside him. 'There's only ever two people who come looking for you.'

Wooyoung rolled his eyes. 'Whatever, Margaret.' Walking up to the door, the new girl stepped aside, and Wooyoung peered out into the post office. Not seeing anyone, he frowned. 'Where are they-'

His eyes fell upon a blonde head of hair standing just to the side of the counter, and Wooyoung's lungs deflated.

'Hyung...'

He didn't even need to ask to know that something had happened. Hurrying out the swinging service gate, he rushed over to his brother and took him by the wrist, dragging him back through the gate and out the back.

'Morning Yeosang,' Margaret said from her desk without even looking up.

'Morning Margaret.'

Wooyoung died at the croaky sound of his Hyung's broken voice, and immediately pulled him out into the kitchenette, closing the door behind them.

'Sang-ah, what happened?' he asked, terror in his voice as he pushed him over to sit on the low bench so they were almost eye to eye. 'D-did one of your patients... D-did they...?'

Yeosang shook his head. Leaning forward, he put his arms around him and leant in against his chest. 'No one died, Woo. I'm okay.'

Wooyoung wrapped his arms around him, holding on tightly. 'Aww then Hyung-ah~~' he pouted, shaking him a little. 'What's wrong~g~?'

But Yeosang just held him tightly. 'Nothing happened Woo. I just really needed to see you.'

'Something happened! I know something happened. You don't ever turn up at work unless something happened...' Suddenly he could barely breathe. 'D-did-... Are mom and dad okay?'

Yeosang leant back suddenly and slapped him in the chest. 'Ya,' he scolded sternly. 'Nothing happened. They're fine. I'm just being a cry baby. Aren't I allowed to cry? Are you suddenly a stan of toxic masculinity? Should I have gone home and cried by myself in the corner of the bathroo-'

Wooyoung pouted, shaking him by the shoulders. 'No~o~o~o~o~ I'm just worried is all...' Wooyoung leant forward and pushed his hair back from his forehead, brushing his swollen, blotchy cheeks. 'I'm happy you came to me,' he said softly, leaning forward and resting his forehead against his. 'You hardly ever let me see when you cry...'

Yeosang's eyes softened, rubbing his side. 'That's because I don't want you to worry about me, Woo,' he whispered.

'B-but... If you don't usually, then that means you feel really bad now...' he murmured, his chest aching for him.

But Yeosang's lips pulled into a smile, shaking his head. 'I was just worried about you, hun. That's it, I promise.'

And Wooyoung nodded, biting his lip. 'Don't you have work tonight? Shouldn't you be sleeping?'

Yeosang shook his head as he rested back against his chest, nudging his cheek into his shirt. 'On call,' he said softly, and Wooyoung could hear just how mentally, and physically exhausted he was.

'Sangie, why don't you go home and sleep? I can bus home after work, or ring Joong?'

Yeosang shook his head against him. 'I'll just nap while you finish work and we can go home together.'

Wooyoung pouted, moaning in objection. 'No~o~ but you need to slee~ee~p.'

'I don't wann~a~a~a~. I wanna stay her~e~e~e~.'

Melting, Wooyoung gave in. Hugging him close, they swayed a little together, and it was only a short while before Wooyoung felt his shoulders begin to shake a little against him. Hearing him cry softly, Wooyoung sighed, holding him even tighter. Fighting against his own tears surfacing, Wooyoung hummed a soft melody, rubbing his back and cooing in his ear.

And after his tears dried up and they finally parted, Yeosang followed him back to his desk. Sitting on a chair beside him, Wooyoung put a blanket over his shoulders as his Hyung put his head down on his desk and let sleep come over him; his head resting against his elbow as Wooyoung worked.

Wooyoung knew that his brother was struggling with guilt, and he just wished that there was something he could do to make him hurt less. The only thing he could think of was to plead his ignorance, and pretend he knew no better.

But that didn't mean that it made him feel any better, or any less guilty.

~~~