370 🩺 Coming Clean

The breakup hurt.

That was basically where Yeosang was at.

They hadn't even been together for that long, but the months of history they'd had was what had ended up leaving him with the most agony.

It was simple: He'd thought Jongho would never do something to hurt him like that... Least of all cheat on him.

But the world would continue to spin, and life would continue to move on, and the last thing Yeosang wanted, was for him to get left behind.

'Sang-ah... Are you sure you want to go to work?' Wooyoung asked gently.

Perched atop his bed, the blonde was watching him get ready for his shift, and had not been too shy to vocalise how much he disliked the idea of him leaving the house.

But it was time. His pain wasn't going anywhere just yet, and something to take his mind off of his pain felt like a blessing.

'Yes, hun, I'm sure~.' Wandering up to his brother, he reached out and rubbed his thumbs against his cheeks, trying to cheer him up. 'I know you think I'm super super sad, and I am, but I'm not going to let a boy keep me from going to work. Don't you remember how hard the journey was for me to actually go back to work?'

Wooyoung pouted, shimmying his shoulders in a tiny, cute tantrum. 'But Hyung-ah~h~h~h...'

'I'm fine, sweetie. I promise. A breakup is not the end of the world.'

'No but it feels like it. I should know. I've been through enough, and I didn't even like them as much as you like Jongh-'

'I don't need a man to make my life full, Woo,' he interrupted, putting a knee up on the bed and pulling his brother into his arms. 'I have my work, and I have my beautiful, beautiful family, and I don't need anything else. It hurts, but I'm happy, just like this. Okay?'

Pouting, Wooyoung sighed, nodding before he reacted around him and pulled him in close. 'Okay... But you can call me... Right? If you need hugs, I will come to that hospital as if it's the last thing I do,' he said with conviction. 'You'll have never seen me storm so deliberately into a building before.'

Yeosang chuckled, pressing a kiss into the top of his head.

'I love you, Woo.'

The boy nuzzled his cheek into his chest.

'I love you too, Hyung.'

~~~

'Yunho darling! Dinner's ready! Come down and eat!'

The sound of his mother's voice floated up to his room, pulling him from his thoughts. For the past hour, he'd been sitting on his office chair at his desk, staring out his window. He had watched the sun set, and the dark fall, and it felt weird to be sitting next to a bookcase full of textbooks, and not studying a thing.

Instead, he had spent the time contemplating the events of his day.

After travelling with Mingi to uni and handing in the last of their written papers, they had completed their four hour pathophysiology exam and headed for the biomedical sciences office.

He had already filled out the unenrollment papers, and had had them sitting in his locker ready for any time he had a breakdown. But it felt strange to be finally handing them in...

Saddening.

But with Mingi by his side, and their arms pressing together, although he was hurting, he found the strength to push forth. He knew he had to leave... But he truly believed that the only reason he could part with those forms, tearily handing them over to the reception lady, was because Mingi was right beside him.