333 🩺 The Unexpected Spectator

Holding his rose tenderly in his hands, Wooyoung felt very nervous, yet excited looking up at the stage. With Mingi and Hongjoong on either side of him, he had to actively try not to grab a hold of them and contain his emotions. 

He just wanted so badly for San to do well, knowing how hard he'd worked for it. The countless hours of painstaking practise, staying at the studio until midnight, deleting just about every app off of his phone to make room for videos to self critique... He had worked so hard... 

And Wooyoung wanted badly for him to be happy with his last performance of his university career. 

Glancing down their row, Wooyoung looked at Yeosang and Hongjoong chatting idly about something and felt his heart warm. Glancing to his other side, he smirked a little as he saw two arms disappearing under the cover of Mingi's flower bouquet. 

Cute, he thought, spying just a little bit of their hands entwined poking out from behind the paper. Mingi was talking to Yunho and Seonghwa about something or other, and the way Yunho was looking at Mingi... Wooyoung was now positive that Yunho was sweet for him. If not from anything else, it was in the way he looked at him. It was in his eyes. 

Glancing around the rest of the room, almost every seat was filled.

But out of the hoards of people he didn't recognise, suddenly, one face stood out. 

Jongho. 

Wooyoung suddenly didn't know what to do. He bubbled up with an incredibly sour taste in his mouth and wanted to excuse himself to walk up and slap him across the face. 

But he also felt like he owed it to his brother to say something... 

Caught in a rut, not sure what to do, Hongjoong suddenly nudged him, leaning over. 'Are you okay, hun?' 

Wooyoung bit into his lip, cringing a little. 'Joong-ah...' he replied softly, nodding in the boy's direction. 

And as his Hyung glanced across the room, it was obvious when his eyes found him, through the way he startled a little. 

'What is he doing here?' Hongjoong asked softly, nervously glancing beside him at Yeosang. 

Wooyoung had no idea, other than 'he probably knows someone in the concert.' 

But they didn't have to wait very long, as suddenly the lights dimmed, the crowd went quiet, and suddenly a girl walked across the stage, ready to welcome them to the concert. 

The girl Jongho had kissed. 

Wooyoung and Hongjoong's eyes both shot to Yeosang. 

And the boy's lips parted in surprise as utter pain crossed his face. 

Hongjoong immediately took his hand in his and squeezed, and suddenly, Wooyoung had wished that Yeosang had sat between him and the eldest... 

'- and that is it from me! I hope you have a lovely time watching the hard work the arts department have put into their recitals, and will give them a warm round of welcoming applause~.' 

Thank god that was all they would be seeing of her. 

Yeosang suddenly leant forward around Hongjoong and reached out, putting his hand over his and squeezing. 

'I'm okay~' he mouthed, giving him a smile. 

Wooyoung searched his face for a lie, but to his surprise, he couldn't find one. '...Okay...' he whispered back. 

My brother is the strongest person in the world, he thought to himself. If that were me, I'd be a mess... 

However before he could think too much about it, the curtains opened, and three arts majors walked onto stage, taking their positions. 

And Wooyoung's jaw dropped. 

One he recognised as Kai, the boy he'd had so much fun teasing... 

Another he didn't recognise...

But the one at the back...

'That one is mine,' he whispered under his breath. 

San was dressed up in his performance outfit, and by god, he looked amazing. 

His heart filled with joy. 

And as the music began to play, he forgot that it was technically an assessment item. It just felt like he was watching a concert, and he could feel the performer's love for their craft...

It was beautiful. 

But as good as the other performers were...

Wooyoung's eyes were only filled with San. 

~~~